IGNORED

Commentary

Danwal

Not sure if this was mentioned elsewhere but did anyone watch the live stream of last nights game with the Reading commentary? It sounded like Piers Morgan. ?

Although the guy was quite annoying, this game along with the Cardiff game I have watched from there channel and I found it quite refreshing to have commentators who say how the fans are actually feeling. It wouldn't be a bad idea to get more fans involved in presenting City games on Robins TV rather than some art student who has no real feeling for the club 

• Like 1

I didn't watch a stream last night, but I watched a recording of the Quest highlights package from last night. I thought Jacqui Oatley (who I normally like) looked like she had only turned up 5 minutes before the show, she was stumbling over her words and mentioned the wrong team in summary more than once. Also I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but I recorded it on Quest +1 on Freesat and the picture seemed very out of focus to me and some of the clubs are apparently doing their bit for global warming by keeping the lights on half power. QPR in particular looked to have very poor lighting.

I saw the stream with the Reading commentary. Hillarious. At half time I thought the two commentators were about to start scrapping when one started really laying into the Reading team saying how bad they were and how they had absolutely no chance of staying up. They spent the whole half time having a full on row!! They were absolutely slating the Reading team and the management right up until they got a goal back and we then seemed to collapse. They were not too complementary about BCFC either - (even before the meltdown) describing us repeatedly as a ‘bang average’ team.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Scrumpylegs said:

They were not too complementary about BCFC either - (even before the meltdown) describing us repeatedly as a ‘bang average’ team.

That's pretty complimentary when you consider how bad we've been at times over the past 18 months. I'd have said "Well, thank you very much. You're very kind." Just to rub it in.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Scrumpylegs said:

I saw the stream with the Reading commentary. Hillarious. At half time I thought the two commentators were about to start scrapping when one started really laying into the Reading team saying how bad they were and how they had absolutely no chance of staying up. They spent the whole half time having a full on row!! They were absolutely slating the Reading team and the management right up until they got a goal back and we then seemed to collapse. They were not too complementary about BCFC either - (even before the meltdown) describing us repeatedly as a ‘bang average’ team.

You must have enjoyed how many times they repeated “our goalie can kick it a long way”. 

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I didn't watch a stream last night, but I watched a recording of the Quest highlights package from last night. I thought Jacqui Oatley (who I normally like) looked like she had only turned up 5 minutes before the show, she was stumbling over her words and mentioned the wrong team in summary more than once. Also I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but I recorded it on Quest +1 on Freesat and the picture seemed very out of focus to me and some of the clubs are apparently doing their bit for global warming by keeping the lights on half power. QPR in particular looked to have very poor lighting.

Could be that +1 channels aren't normally in HD. There's obviously a difference between HD and SD. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

That's true but it is more noticeable on this channel.

Over past few years most broadcasters have dumbed down their bit rates and it's becoming, as you say, more noticeable. The standard definition I used to get from BT Sport on our projected large screen was more than watchable. Switch to any standard definition music channel, for instance, Now 70/80/90s and it is woeful. Kerrang isn't too bad in standard def!

• Like 1