IGNORED

Any one booked seats for the Swansea beam back?

Never to the dark side

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

As I am travelling over to Swansea by train on Sunday,and can't recall attending these beam backs at Ashton Gate.

What are City fans views of the beam backs at Ashton Gate?

If your attending the beam could you post what your thoughts are of being there.

As I recall, you can stand for 2hrs, to watch the game,or book a table for £10, but with everyone standing in front of you, 

• Haha 1

£10 a head, ticket price redeemable at the bar. Smallest available tables are for 4, but since it's just me and my old man we've got standing tickets. It's our first beam back, I'm hoping they don't over-cram the bar so no one can see? I'm sure it'll be good fun though, looking forward to it. Happy to post how the general experience was afterwards for you @Never to the dark side.

On a related subject, this shows why broadcast rules need reform. 

For the tech savvy, it’s easy to get a VPN and circumvent the overseas requirement. If people want to watch from home, they will. However there will be less tech savvy people who may want to watch, and would just pay for a UK stream. I’m not sure that allowing streams to the UK would harm the paying attendance, which was the prior argument - but it may increase the exposure, and ultimately get those fans through the turnstile

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

On a related subject, this shows why broadcast rules need reform. 

For the tech savvy, it’s easy to get a VPN and circumvent the overseas requirement. If people want to watch from home, they will. However there will be less tech savvy people who may want to watch, and would just pay for a UK stream. I’m not sure that allowing streams to the UK would harm the paying attendance, which was the prior argument - but it may increase the exposure, and ultimately get those fans through the turnstile

Yeah, bonkers innit…I get the reasons, but it needs a rethink.

I actually do the overseas annual sub (started this season) and I’m sure the club don’t really care as they’re getting money off of me they wouldn’t normally get otherwise.  People will always find a stream I guess, but a lot of / some fans like we would rather watch a proper paid for broadcast that helps generate funds for the club.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

When you use a VPN, is that just to pay for it. Or do you need the VPN on to watch the game as well?

When I initially bought the international sub, I had to have my Windscribe VPN switched on to login to BCFC and purchase the sub.  No overseas address or foreign credit card required.

Then each match, I switch on my VPN, login to Robinstv and I keep my VPN on whilst watching.  Others have reported being able to switch their VPN off once Robinstv is on.  That didn’t work for me…might’ve been user error.

If you’re buying match by match, you will need VPN switched on to get the overseas match option to buy.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

When I initially bought the international sub, I had to have my Windscribe VPN switched on to login to BCFC and purchase the sub.  No overseas address or foreign credit card required.

Then each match, I switch on my VPN, login to Robinstv and I keep my VPN on whilst watching.  Others have reported being able to switch their VPN off once Robinstv is on.  That didn’t work for me…might’ve been user error.

If you’re buying match by match, you will need VPN switched on to get the overseas match option to buy.

Echo what Dave is saying. If you take a bit of time looking around you can  find a decent pay monthly deal (not where it's billed annually). I pay WIndscribe $2 a month for 30gb of bandwidth. More than enough to watch all the away games in a month and the odd download of a dodgy torrent!!!

Edited by jaydee=inspiration
  • Like 1

Got to say that not being able to watch this game without pretending to be abroad is an absurdity. Someone at the club needs to explain why we were provided with a better customer experience when we were in lockdown. 
Was it that someone at the club didn’t think this through, or have I missed something.
When I can watch this game abroad, but not in the UK without having to drive to a bar in Bristol is ridiculous.
Such actions, or inactions but the clubs are more likely to get fans filming it from their phone and broadcasting live themselves. If the clubs lose revenue as a result, then they deserve to. 

Someone needs to bang heads together   

28 minutes ago, Harry said:

Stupid question maybe, but why would the game not be available on Robins TV? 
Away games are usually available aren’t they? 

For games moved away from Saturday 3pm, the home club determines whether it is to be made available.

In this instance, Swansea have opted against it (presumably because they fear it would cannibalise home ticket sales) and it's not available in the UK across Swans TV/Robins TV or Sky Sports Red Button. If they had made it available, it would be available across all three platforms.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, bonkers innit…I get the reasons, but it needs a rethink.

I actually do the overseas annual sub (started this season) and I’m sure the club don’t really care as they’re getting money off of me they wouldn’t normally get otherwise.  People will always find a stream I guess, but a lot of / some fans like we would rather watch a proper paid for broadcast that helps generate funds for the club.

I would 100% upgrade from an audio pass to video if it was available. I don’t really “get” VPNs, even though I probably could sort one if I really wanted to. I’d rather pay for the video properly and it certainly wouldn’t affect my choice to attend an in-person match whenever I got the chance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Cheers, issue I’ve got is all the computers here are work laptops. So can’t get VPN ion them. Is there a way to put it n a Smart TV as that’s what I watch through. 

33 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Cheers, issue I’ve got is all the computers here are work laptops. So can’t get VPN ion them. Is there a way to put it n a Smart TV as that’s what I watch through. 

If you’ve got a smart tv you should be able to download a vpn from your appstore and once installed and turned on you can stream via a web browser app, again, on the telly. I use a Firestick and it works exactly the same. Beauty of a Firestick is you can move it easily from tv to tv or take round your mates house etc etc 

Edited by CyderInACan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

For games moved away from Saturday 3pm, the home club determines whether it is to be made available.

In this instance, Swansea have opted against it (presumably because they fear it would cannibalise home ticket sales) and it's not available in the UK across Swans TV/Robins TV or Sky Sports Red Button. If they had made it available, it would be available across all three platforms.

So let me get this straight. 
Usually, a non-3pm Saturday game CAN be streamed domestically on Robins TV, but a 3pm Saturday CAN’T - only outside the U.K.? 
But in this case, Bristol City ‘could have’ streamed it domestically, but Swansea City said that we can’t - even though we’ve sold our full allocation? 

As I said earlier, may be a stupid question but I don’t fully understand the streaming right and ins and outs. 

Is my assumption correct?