IGNORED

Tyreeq making an impression

Silvio Dante

Whether he goes to Ipswich or not is kind of irrelevant really, because he is done here. Completely.

Pearson doesn't want him. Bakinson himself has burnt his bridges so to speak (the tweet about being glad he's gone in response to a City supporter), so whatever happens he won't be back here.

Worst case is Ipswich don't want him, I think because of his value, he will leave via a  "mutual agreement" to cancel his contract.

My bet is that Ashton takes him regardless, because I doubt the agreed "fee" is very little, if there is anything at all, and our old friend will fancy "flipping" him for a profit if nothing else.

Edited by Taz
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, spudski said:

They were his parting comments ' publicly'...just maybe it was said to him privately as well, if not stronger?

I get the impression he was given enough chances, and it was attitude and application that made it a problem.

I personally think he could be a decent player, but influences away from football distract him. And that those influences are strong enough to distract others around him.

I hope he leaves.

Are you able to furnish us with a couple of hypothetical examples of what these “influences” might be/relate to Spud?

• Like 1

With Bakinson I've always had the impression that through his youth he's been the best footballer wherever he's played without having to put much effort in. He then got signed by us as a top prospect which kind of justified his belief that he's a great talent and that will be enough.

The problem with him now is he still seems to think that ability alone is enough, when the reality is he is now surrounded by people who were also the best players growing up, and the majority of these players have now realised that you have to work extra hard in the pro game to make it as a player at thus standard.

I hope the penny drops for him sooner rather than later as there is definitely a player in there. He needs to realise talent alone isn't enough before its too late

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Which, to be fair, is full of people saying he's doing alright. The guy who titled the thread that is getting a bit of a coating. 

Pretty much all saying he’s a 6 out of 10 player,with us he was a 4-5 out of ten bar the odd good performance,sad to see that Ipswich have got so bad really 

20 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

With Bakinson I've always had the impression that through his youth he's been the best footballer wherever he's played without having to put much effort in. He then got signed by us as a top prospect which kind of justified his belief that he's a great talent and that will be enough.

The problem with him now is he still seems to think that ability alone is enough, when the reality is he is now surrounded by people who were also the best players growing up, and the majority of these players have now realised that you have to work extra hard in the pro game to make it as a player at thus standard.

I hope the penny drops for him sooner rather than later as there is definitely a player in there. He needs to realise talent alone isn't enough before its too late

I just don’t think he’s that good,casnt pass for toffee,can be good in the air and in a tackle when he feels like it but the major problem is he’s either lazy or has the lungs of a 50 a day smoker that stops him running up and down,league 2 player or lower end league 1 I feel 

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Pretty much all saying he’s a 6 out of 10 player,with us he was a 4-5 out of ten bar the odd good performance,sad to see that Ipswich have got so bad really 

Agreed.  I guess 6/10 will do in that league.  He is suffering from the comparison with their club captain Sam Morsy who is one of L1's better players, but is - yet again - suspended. 

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I just don’t think he’s that good,casnt pass for toffee,can be good in the air and in a tackle when he feels like it but the major problem is he’s either lazy or has the lungs of a 50 a day smoker that stops him running up and down,league 2 player or lower end league 1 I feel 

I see it slightly differently. When he came into the team under Holden he was one of the few players who would look for the forward pass, whether from deep or in a more advanced position and was one of our more positive players in a time when we were utter dogshit offensively.

Problem was he would split the lines once in the first 10-20mins of the game with a decent bit of vision and think this is easy and start walking around like he was Glen Hoddle. Inevitably the game then passed him by.

The issue with Tyreeq isn't his feet, it's in his head, which, for me, makes it even more frustrating 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Taz said:

Whether he goes to Ipswich or not is kind of irrelevant really, because he is done here. Completely.

Pearson doesn't want him. Bakinson himself has burnt his bridges so to speak (the tweet about being glad he's gone in response to a City supporter), so whatever happens he won't be back here.

Worst case is Ipswich don't want him, I think because of his value, he will leave via a  "mutual agreement" to cancel his contract.

My bet is that Ashton takes him regardless, because I doubt the agreed "fee" is very little, if there is anything at all, and our old friend will fancy "flipping" him for a profit if nothing else.

Why would he cancel his contract if he can’t get the same money elsewhere ?

• Like 1

FWIW, I see TB as a passing midfielder.  That’s not to say he shouldn’t be able to contribute more to the other side of the game, e.g. marking, tracking, tackling, screening. But I do expect a passing midfielder to pass the ball well.  As it stands his general passing stats are awful.  He is ranked pretty much at the bottom of all Champ CMs for passing accuracy.  I was a bit shocked by that.  He gets a degree of brownie points for a lot of them being forward, and then you find out he’s pretty much at the bottom of the forward passing accuracy charts too.

image.jpeg.a5b80317f302b5dee145d477bca35bc6.jpeg

He’s not awful at everything, he has a good shot, can break the lines with the ball at his feet, e.g. striding forward.  I think concentration and application are his biggest faults, he has technical ability undoubtedly.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

As it stands his general passing stats are awful.  He is ranked pretty much at the bottom of all Champ CMs for passing accuracy.  I was a bit shocked by that.  He gets a degree of brownie points for a lot of them being forward, and then you find out he’s pretty much at the bottom of the forward passing accuracy charts too.

Maybe we were guilty of giving him too much credit for his Hollywood passes that 'nearly' came off. And that was in a team that were really terrible at doing anything well: a case of "In the team of the no footed players, the one footed player is king." We've improved in the time he's been away and I think if he played for us now, he'd get more pelters than COD.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I think it was rumoured Blackpool and Hull missed out on the signing of Bakinson. So hopefully we get a bit of a fee for him with teams chasing him.

Blackpool bid over 500k for Brannagan of Oxford in January. So anything like that would be good business imo.

??????

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I thought he played well in some games. And that was to a style of play that doesn't suit him.

Now we are much stronger there with Massengo performing well, who hadn't been earlier in the season. 

Scott now playing so well there. And Williams back fit. Just waiting for James and that's a top quality 4.

I think it was rumoured Blackpool and Hull missed out on the signing of Bakinson. So hopefully we get a bit of a fee for him with teams chasing him.

Blackpool bid over 500k for Brannagan of Oxford in January. So anything like that would be good business imo.

We’ll be very lucky to get that sort of money for him. Other teams know he has no future at AG and have a strong position on fee. 

23 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

To wade through?

We had a science teacher at St Mary Redcliffe School who drank Fussells Condensed Milk during exams, he didn't wade through it though.  His name was Mr Wilcox, any one go to Redcliffe in the 50/60s that can remember him?