IGNORED

Swansea’s second goal

firstdivision

Others have mentioned it in the match day thread but I think it needs highlighting. 
Surely it’s OFFSIDE. Their bloke heads it at Bentley who saves and Christie, who was in a an offside position when the ball was headed goalwards, puts it in. It’s so offside. I’ve seen it several times.
And then, of course, there’s the clear pen for the foul on Semenyo. 
Officials almost as bad as our defending.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, firstdivision said:

Others have mentioned it in the match day thread but I think it needs highlighting. 
Surely it’s OFFSIDE. Their bloke heads it at Bentley who saves and Christie, who was in a an offside position when the ball was headed goalwards, puts it in. It’s so offside. I’ve seen it several times.

only seen on robins tv and none of the angles show it well enough to be certain. Looks off but so did ours in real time.

Definitely a pen though IMO

Thought at the time he appeared to be ahead of everyone bar one player, so was offside, as was Weimann towards the end of the first half.

Weimann’s goal though was definitely onside, he was level with the last defender.

Said my piece on the non penalty decision, absolute joke.

Edited by GrahamC

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

only seen on robins tv and none of the angles show it well enough to be certain. Looks off but so did ours in real time.

Definitely a pen though IMO

Ours wasn’t. They freeze-framed it at half time. He was level.

I’ve looked at theirs quite a few times and Christie is clearly  ahead of the bloke who headed it goalwards.

It’s possible everything happened too quickly for the officials. 

• Like 1

Just now, firstdivision said:

Ours wasn’t. They freeze-framed it at half time. He was level.

I’ve looked at theirs quite a few times and Christie is clearly  ahead of the bloke who headed it goalwards.

It’s possible everything happened too quickly for the officials. 

Where are you watching it? Like I say not seen a clear side on view of it

1 minute ago, firstdivision said:

I’ve recorded it on my phone and played it over and over again. To me, it’s just so obvious. You don’t need side on. Scorer was clearly ahead of the ball from the header that Bentley saved. 

That was my impression having watched it a few times from the angle the tv showed. I am not sure why it was even a difficult one to give. Don’t think it is rose tinted glasses, we deserved nothing from the match…but it was off, or at least looked clearly so.

5 minutes ago, cityexile said:

That was my impression having watched it a few times from the angle the tv showed. I am not sure why it was even a difficult one to give. Don’t think it is rose tinted glasses, we deserved nothing from the match…but it was off, or at least looked clearly so.

It was a bit similar to Kasey Palmer’s equaliser v Fulham. Just offside that should have been spotted. 

Just now, formerly known as ivan said:

How about rather than letting the officials make a decision for us, some takes responsibility for the situation and not let their full back run have the length of the pitch and get a cross in all unchallenged!

How about both?

We defend better & the officials disallow an offside goal & award us a clear penalty?

It isn’t either/or.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

How about both?

We defend better & the officials disallow an offside goal & award us a clear penalty?

It isn’t either/or.

Yep, the general standard of officiating this season has been poor, Stroud today was no exception, buying all the little Swansea cute tactics, yet failing on the important ones. He can see Dasilva’s tackle clearly enough to warrant a booking, but not seemingly the trip / stamp on Semenyo which was half the distance away from him.

How many games has the performance of the referee been a topic of conversation this year

• Like 1

7 hours ago, firstdivision said:

Seems like that shite ref been around for years how much longer can he go on.

Yes Stroud is a ***, but TBF without VAR it can be difficult. 
Even the Swansea reporter said the challenge on Semenyo was possibly a Pen. It was, but the speed of it happening makes it more difficult, but being that close and not watching on a small screen perhaps a good Ref might see it. But again.... Stroud.

I don't think the Swansea goal is even a difficult decision to give. No runners, no players crossing, no long ball to try and keep up with. Yet they still get it wrong. 

I thought Weimann was offside first viewing, but good timing of run and ball, on side. Fair play to the Officials Team, got one right.