IGNORED

4,687 Middlesbrough followers heading south

Never to the dark side

3 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

I’ll have to give it a try next season if they don’t go up 

WBA are certainly slipping of late, and I am not convinced Steve Bruce is going to get them to/through the playoffs, let alone automatic promotion, so you may be lucky.

Best get there (The Vine) early, though, as it gets packed.

• Thanks 1

We do like to beat ourselves up over perceived good or bad away support, that also applies to home support. Not everyone goes blindly along to watch/support regardless of the way we're playing. Surely expectation has to come into the decision making process when deciding which games to attend. If we're doing well and expect to get a result, more will travel, if like recent/too many years, the low expectation will determine the level of travelling  support.

5 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Definitely Birmingham’s got probably more Indian takeouts and restaurants than anywhere else in the uk

1. Leicester

2. Nottingham

3. Glasgow

Based on number of restaurants per square mile.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/feb/28/britishidentity.foodanddrink

Someone mentioned the Vines in West Brom - well worth a visit, literally just off the motorway, free street parking (last time I visited), and a few minutes walk to the ground. Unique place.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

1. Leicester

2. Nottingham

3. Glasgow

Based on number of restaurants per square mile.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/feb/28/britishidentity.foodanddrink

Someone mentioned the Vines in West Brom - well worth a visit, literally just off the motorway, free street parking (last time I visited), and a few minutes walk to the ground. Unique place.

I was going to post that Leicester boasts the most Indian restaurants per head, but didn't know how true that was. You've backed that up.

It also claims to have the oldest one outside London* - The Curry House on London Road. Because it was the first, it didn't need a more exciting name than just "The Curry House".

* The oldest in the UK is The India Club which is at the Aldwych end of The Strand. It was the staff canteen of what was originally the East India Company then the Indian High Commission.  It's an amazing place. Totally Colonial. You get ushered in by uniformed wallahs and this stern Mrs Gandhi lookalike takes your orders while you sip tea in the dusty waiting room under a huge portrait of Lord Mountbatten. When the dining room is ready, they sound a gong. It's like a Merchant-Ivory film. It's a private club, so you have to book. 

• Like 2

Yes glasgow has some cracking curryhouses.

I must say, in the tourist area of london not had to many to write home about.

Some good ones a tube journey out i found.

If you came out of paddington, crossed the road went into that street, there was a great one there, ran by the same family for years.

Dunno if still going.

14 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

If you came out of paddington, crossed the road went into that street, there was a great one there, ran by the same family for years.

Dunno if still going.

If you’re talking about the one on London St directly opposite the main exit of Paddington onto Praed St then yes, it’s still there.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I think that might be a diffrent one peter.

If you went left out of paddington, theres a little green, take a sharp right there, was the rose of something i think?

Been in one on the main drag outside paddington, was dire,

Had better up west street for a tenner.

Ah ok mate.

The one I’m taking about us off the Main Street but down a road literally opposite the Bakerloo Line entrance/exit. There’s a half decent chip shop down there as well although perhaps not quite as good as Mickeys further up towards Edgeware Road.

I definitely recommend the Indian restaurant though, think it’s called Murghals?

The one i went in on the main drag, was called the guru i think, could be that one.

Anyway for a decent sit down in most places aint no more than 40 for the works,

This was 70, not saying the chicken was processed, but it would have bounced off the plate.,

Pat chapmans good curry guide worth a read peter.

Found some crackers in there.