IGNORED

Weimann

BUTOR

1 minute ago, pillred said:

He's five years younger than Jamie Vardy so at 30 no way is he "to old" but I know where your coming from, at his age if a bigger club came in for him you could understand it if he wanted one last hurrah.

In a interview after resigning he explained how settled and happy his family are here (Children just settled at school etc) - so I’m not so sure

Hes one , who , if we found ourselves in a healthier financial position in 12 months time , that I’d actually reward by improving the terms of his contract 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Finally being given a run in his best position imo. He isn't a wing back which is where the last 2 managers played him due to his willingness to operate there.

That was strange because a lot of us could see he was for the most part being played out of position, you would have thought our 2 previous managers could have seen that for themselves Oh well better late than never I suppose.

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

That was strange because a lot of us could see he was for the most part being played out of position, you would have thought our 2 previous managers could have seen that for themselves Oh well better late than never I suppose.

It's not just here but at his previous clubs as well. As all his managers have known he will put a shift in without sulking, he seems to have become the "go to" player to play out of position.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SBB said:

I would love to see the total running stats for all players in the division. He surely has to be up there. I really hope for him personally, he gets his 20 this season. 

Says a lot about Pearson as a manager. We all thought we needed a striker, we’ve got 3 pretty good ones now and look at Semenyo. If he carries on like he has what’s he going to be worth? 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I always thought Semenyo would become a striker with us. Maybe Pearson did too..but I get the feeling Pearson didn't plan to play Semenyo down the middle this season.

Pearson did want to bring in a new striker. And I think we will see a new one next season even if we keep Semenyo.

Michael Smith might be a sensible transfer on a free. Obviously depending on if we can move Wells on.

I’m really looking forward to what’s going to happen during the summer and on into next season. From my point of view the future is looking bright 

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

I’d also credit the often maligned Chris Martin for Weimanns impact this season - vastly underrated generally IMO - a clever and technically good footballer and we have two experienced good pros who know each other’s game and who between them have helped nurture and work with the explosive raw talent of a learning Antoine

Martin’s work second half versus McNair and Fry aerially / back to goal from Bents kicking was brilliant.  I don’t recall either of them winning clean ball, if winning it at all. Sometimes nobody won it but then Boro had a bouncing ball to contend with. 

24 minutes ago, swanker said:

Says a lot about Pearson as a manager. We all thought we needed a striker, we’ve got 3 pretty good ones now and look at Semenyo. If he carries on like he has what’s he going to be worth? 

Not all of us! ?

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Martin’s work second half versus McNair and Fry aerially / back to goal from Bents kicking was brilliant.  I don’t recall either of them winning clean ball, if winning it at all. Sometimes nobody won it but then Boro had a bouncing ball to contend with. 

Not all of us! ?

On one occasion he totally shut down all the angles he possibly could on his own and screamed at the others when they didn't back him up quick enough, his pressing was immense.

When defending it is your job to make it difficult for the opposition even if don't get a tackle in. Make them rush and not let them get their heads up for a pass etc and that HAS to start from the front.

Yes I believe both you and myself constantly said Semenyo should play as a striker.

Edited by VT05763