IGNORED

Cundy

Port Said Red

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Was a different set piece set up yesterday.  Typically Kalas defends the 6 yard box…yesterday he marked Crooks.  He did lose him on the goal.

12 hours ago, Harry said:

Kalas loses Crooks then gets completely under the ball. 
Cundy jumps at the same time as Crooks, but Crooks has a ‘running’ jump and is already 2 inches taller than Cundy anyway, so literally nothing Cundy could do with that, against one of the best aerial threats in the division, left unmarked and unblocked for a free run. 

I noticed early on, Massengo was "marking" their big man (No6 possibly, Fry). He was pushing him and trying to stop a run.
It does look like a mix of zonal and man marking.  I imagine with the wind it was difficult , some great delivery in the first half. 
It looks like Crooks gets a run on a stationary Cundy, and worth pointing out if you're marking an area, not easy to beat someone on a running jump. I'd like to see Bentley be stronger and get his marker out of the way, Cundy may be could do a little better but so can Scott. I don't think any one player is to blame .

116391146_Screenshot2022-02-20at12_58_26.png.c00b71bce036adcc1ffe2aad2bd75d1a.pngLooks like everyone has their man, Kalas has Crooks.

935811102_Screenshot2022-02-20at12_58_58.png.5e14c6bed17221dd2e9edc9f4c4307e5.pngThe runs start and Kalas is already losing the runner.

1098545907_Screenshot2022-02-20at12_59_19.png.60ac5f905b4b2405a65e7ab1af45f029.pngBecause of traffic, Kalas runs around the wrong side, Crooks now has space.

733902380_Screenshot2022-02-20at12_59_53.png.1307090f54143c1517e2dd2b1a7db019.pngCrooks holds his run & Kalas gets under the ball.

From then Crooks gets a little run on Cundy which gives him the advantage . Maybe Scott could get next to Crooks to stop his run, maybe Bentley is stronger and instead of falling over pushed the player out of the way. Thing is it all happens quickly. Annoying but as I say, hard to blame any one person.

• Like 1

Once we're mathematically/realistically safe (v close now) it would be good to see him start a few and get a better assessment of his capability at this level.

Couple of decent cameos to see a game out, certainly not enough to make a judgement on that either way. Like what I've seen in those though, so be interesting to see him over 90 mins.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

In terms of experience at this level, he is very much a promising youngster.

Let me give a very good example from the past that shows there are many who develop much later than an eighteen year superstar.

Gordon Parr, one of the best defenders I've seen at City made his debut at 20 years. But played only a couple of games in the next five years before becoming an automatic selection for the next ten years.

So don't give up on any twenty five year old. Cundy and Vyner to name two.

Now Gordon Parr was a player who knew how to make a ‘hard tackle’, both on and off the ball.

14 hours ago, firstdivision said:

He was only on the field for ten minutes. I think conceding a goal is, um, a reasonably significant event.  

Er, we've all seen the goal, kalas loses his man who gets a run on a great delivery and beats a static defender (cundy) whilst our, um,  keeper is being blocked off

So,er,   a defender that comes on as sub and the team then concedes is at fault by,um,  default? 

• Like 2