IGNORED

U23's Today

Port Said Red

50 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Need to watch a bit more of Henry.

Palmer-Houlden (is he 18 yet) reminds me in style of Jon Stead.

Bell looks sharp, good habits.  First time I’ve seen him, liked him a lot.

Owers seems to have really improved this season. Thought he was never in games, but the last few he’s been everywhere…just like his dad, but the opposite foot.

Morton very elegant, got to get himself a pro club, surely.

Idehen on two showings I’d be amazed if he doesn’t get a deal for next season (even beyond).

Soady best I’ve seen him play.  Was out for a long time with an injury, so maybe he’s taken a while to overcome it.

Soady has managed to get a few games in on loan at Paulton which has helped him along. Idehen agreed no brainer to extend his deal imo. Zac Bell yeah like the look of him. Owers another who had a couple of loan spells to toughen him up. Has improved with that behind him.

Edited by Gillies Downs Leeds
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

would be very surprised to not see Prince Henry in the first team by the end of season. He's a proper all rounder, really impressed when I saw him at Weston, few mates that are ST holders there saying he's the best loanee from us they've seen.

I would be if he did, Weimann, Semenyo, Wells, Martin, Conway, Bell all ahead of him 

51 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Soady has managed to get a few games in on loan at Paulton which has helped him along. Idehen agreed no brainer to extend his deal imo. Zac Bell yeah like the look of him. Owers another who had a couple of loan spells to toughen him up. Has improved with that behind him.

Seen Owers a few times now, I think he deserves a few minutes for the first team this season. I don't think he'd let anyone down.

A few good performances from the youngsters today, very promising.

We have the lad from Guernsey for next season as well.

• Like 2

Given that we probably need only another 9 points to ensure mid-table oblivion come May, I suspect we will see plenty of youth cameos in the latter half of April. On the 30 minutes I watched today I'd like to see Idehen, Palmer-Houlden, Z. Bell and Henry get a run out. Morton as well, it would be nice to see if he's up to it.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Given that we probably need only another 9 points to ensure mid-table oblivion come May, I suspect we will see plenty of youth cameos in the latter half of April. On the 30 minutes I watched today I'd like to see Idehen, Palmer-Houlden, Z. Bell and Henry get a run out. Morton as well, it would be nice to see if he's up to it.

I think Morton has been told he can leave (and nearly did), but he now looks to be over his injury and time out and it was clear to me that he has a career ahead of him. He's another that I hope gets some game time in the first team.

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I think Morton has been told he can leave (and nearly did), but he now looks to be over his injury and time out and it was clear to me that he has a career ahead of him. He's another that I hope gets some game time in the first team.

Nearly went to Doncaster iirc? Fell through last minute and has been struggling. He's a classy player, I've seen him live and his long range passing ability is exceptional. Needs to get fit, play men's football, and get some proper game time. But there's a career in there somewhere.

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Nearly went to Doncaster iirc? Fell through last minute and has been struggling. He's a classy player, I've seen him live and his long range passing ability is exceptional. Needs to get fit, play men's football, and get some proper game time. But there's a career in there somewhere.

MK Dons wasn't it ?

Either way, it was a L1 move which indicates he was up to that level at that time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

He was out for some time with tendonitis. Takes quite a few months to get back to full fitness. 

Glad to read he played well.