IGNORED

Keith Millen

Gillies Downs Leeds

7 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That was what made his appointment so underwhelming for many. The Holden situation was similar in that regard, as again I think many of us hoped the club was about to kick on rather than settle for mediocrity. 

Was the appointment of Holden part of a medium term downsizing? The fact that we possibly will breach spending limits next season meant that we couldn't carry on as before, looking back...we have started the process but unfortunately more needs to be done to avoid this.

Appointing a more ambitious manager without promotion last or this season could have exacerbated things markedly. Would have been a big chance to take...with a 2 season window at most basically.

I am looking at this in hindsight largely.

Millen case was altogether different in that regard, indeed the wage bill still increased under him- although finances aside I definitely see similarities.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was the appointment of Holden part of a medium term downsizing? The fact that we possibly will breach spending limits next season meant that we couldn't carry on as before, looking back...we have started the process but unfortunately more needs to be done to avoid this.

Appointing a more ambitious manager without promotion last or this season could have exacerbated things markedly. Would have been a big chance to take...with a 2 season window at most basically.

I am looking at this in hindsight largely.

Millen case was altogether different in that regard, indeed the wage bill still increased under him- although finances aside I definitely see similarities.

Summer 2020 transfer window certainly suggests that it was a possibility, only Joe Williams signed for a fee.

But of course it might have been about “control” by MA / SL.

• Like 1