IGNORED

Dropping down to us next season

22A

Hopefully Everton do go down. My lasting memory of them is our 1-0 FA cup loss in 95.

I was at the Ashton/Winterstoke Road bus stop after the game and a group of Everton “hooligans” were at the bottom of those big steps that lead down to near the Mercedes garage. One in particular was a stereotypical, comically aggressive scouser; challenging anyone and everyone to come and have a go.

A City fan accepted the challenge and proceeded to run down the steps from the flyover, performing what can be best described as a two-fisted, flying Superman punch from about ten steps up. It connected beautifully with the aggro scousers big, mouthy head and sent him crashing to the floor.

The unexpectedly spectacular act of aerial combat performed by said City fan took the wind out of the scousers sails and they all buggered off, while the City fan got a rousing cheer that he duly accepted.

Great times.

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, TomF said:

Everton 3 down after 35 minutes v Spurs and generally looking dire.. If Burnley find a few more points they’re in deep deep trouble 

A comment in the BBC commentary that Everton can take one positive from their current position; Frank Lampard has experience of managing in the Championship ?.

Personally, however, I think I would prefer Burnley to escape at Leeds’ expense - I think Everton will be safe anyway, given their games in hand.

On 27/02/2022 at 20:21, 22A said:

Currently Burnley have improved. Everton, Newcastle and Leeds are all in danger of being relegated along with Watford & Norwich.

If one of the "bigger" clubs is to come down, who'd you prefer and why.

If it was Newcastle or Leeds, the majority of game would be televised because that what Sky did last time.  I'd like Everton to come down because they are perceived to be "one of the big boys" and secondly, a founder member of the Prem.

Over to you for your thoughts....

Are you sure we will still be in the championhip next year?