IGNORED

Cardiff u23s v City u23s - live stream

CiderCraig

41 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Pretty sure it was Towler.  

38 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

It was Towler.

Apologies.

I had only just turned it on and I thought that the commentator said Idehen had gone off.

Lost in the Welsh translation maybe, or my poor hearing!!!

:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Apologies.

I had only just turned it on and I thought that the commentator said Idehen had gone off.

Somewhat bizarrely they got mixed up from start of the game. 

5 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Apologies.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Because their numbers on the back were opposite to the team sheet 

Same as the last game, I had to tweet Dan White to tell him he was naming them the wrong way around.

17 minutes ago, Colemanballs said:

Presumably the officials would be quite junior for a game such as this? Obviously, with the outages, didn't see much, but, from what I did see, they looked a darned sight better than most of the dross the first team get lumbered with on  a weekly basis.

Yeah it would prob be refs that usually ref at BMF, Paulton, Frome level. To be fair there are some decent refs at that level that use common sense most of the time. And quite a few of them would engage with the players. Was watching a tier 8 game the other day and a player questioned the refs performance, the ref replied with "your shot 10 mins ago that went twenty yards wide wasn't too special". Player in questioned smiled and situation was dealt with. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Yeah it would prob be refs that usually ref at BMF, Paulton, Frome level. To be fair there are some decent refs at that level that use common sense most of the time. And quite a few of them would engage with the players. Was watching a tier 8 game the other day and a player questioned the refs performance, the ref replied with "your shot 10 mins ago that went twenty yards wide wasn't too special". Player in questioned smiled and situation was dealt with. 

not sure if it was Roger Milford or not, but he’s alleged to have said - don’t talk like a c##T and play like one too!!!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

not sure if it was Roger Milford or not, but he’s alleged to have said - don’t talk like a c##T and play like one too!!!

Yep. Said it to Neil Ruddock:

There was one disgraceful referee that I remember. He was a fella called Roger Milford. I was at Southampton, we were playing Arsenal and he’d done something.

So, I’d gone up to him shouting: “Roge, Roge, you’re having a f*cking nightmare. You – f*cking hell, you’re having a nightmare you tw*t”, and all this.

So he went: “Come here, son”. So, I went up to Roge. He had a curly perm, Roge. Tanned – his shorts up.

He said, “Look at the scoreboard. You’re getting beat 3-1. Now, I believe you’re the c*** that’s having a nightmare. Now **** off.”

• Haha 6
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, RedEd73 said:

Yep. Said it to Neil Ruddock:

There was one disgraceful referee that I remember. He was a fella called Roger Milford. I was at Southampton, we were playing Arsenal and he’d done something.

So, I’d gone up to him shouting: “Roge, Roge, you’re having a f*cking nightmare. You – f*cking hell, you’re having a nightmare you tw*t”, and all this.

So he went: “Come here, son”. So, I went up to Roge. He had a curly perm, Roge. Tanned – his shorts up.

He said, “Look at the scoreboard. You’re getting beat 3-1. Now, I believe you’re the c*** that’s having a nightmare. Now **** off.”

If Razor's calling you a c*** then you must be doing something right.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

From what we saw, what are the opinions of Nahki Wells' performance. I thought it was preety typical: ran around a lot, picked up the ball well but gave it away too easily with poor quality passes/final balls. He was definately trying though. The Cardiff commentators seemed to think he was great.

24 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

From what we saw, what are the opinions of Nahki Wells' performance. I thought it was preety typical: ran around a lot, picked up the ball well but gave it away too easily with poor quality passes/final balls. He was definately trying though. The Cardiff commentators seemed to think he was great.

The bits I saw, in between working & the feed giving out, I thought he looked very good.

Excellent first touch & certainly unselfish, set up Conway a couple of times when he should have scored.

Clearly not going to go full pelt but worked hard enough & looked what he is, far too good for that level.

Still bemused that Simpson doesn’t play in these games, he appears unlikely to feature for us at any level again.

• Like 1

I thought Wells was decent. A little careless at times , but seemed intent on gift - wrapping the ball to Conway who, unfortunately, seemed to make a hash of most things in front of goal (aside from the gift by their keeper).

Overall, bit ragged from both sides imo and a little surprised by the lack of real quality and controlled play. 

Edited by RedRock
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Result leaves us 3rd just 2 pts behind Cardiff with a game in hand, and 3 points behind leaders Ipswich with 2 games in hand. Well clear of 4th so decent chance of making the end of season play-offs. 

Remarkable when you consider the first team squad includes at least 6 who could be playing at this level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Remarkable when you consider the first team squad includes at least 6 who could be playing at this level.

Was mentioned by their commentary team that it was a young Cardiff team, but taking out Nahki:

Wiles-Richards 19

Taylor 20 / Wood 19 / Towler 19 (Z.Bell 18) / Idehen 19 / Soady 20

Owers 19 / Kadji 18 / Taylor-Clarke 18

Wells 31 / Conway 19

hardly an old team!

Cardiff with ages added.

image.thumb.jpeg.2bbe5e7bab16a08ed5d0913251a6306f.jpeg

16 hours ago, GrahamC said:

The bits I saw, in between working & the feed giving out, I thought he looked very good.

Excellent first touch & certainly unselfish, set up Conway a couple of times when he should have scored.

Clearly not going to go full pelt but worked hard enough & looked what he is, far too good for that level.

Still bemused that Simpson doesn’t play in these games, he appears unlikely to feature for us at any level again.

Simpson's far too busy to play football?  He spends his time in the 1st team dressing room telling inspiring stories of his glory days when he won the Prem, and then motivating and organising our wonderful defensive set up? ??