IGNORED

First half of games.

WolfOfWestStreet

You cannot, and I absolutely repeat, cannot, only play one half of football and win games in this league.

First half today was a disgrace and it was the same when we played Cov at home last week Tuesday. 

Getting a bollocking at half time and playing 20 minutes of alright stuff in the second half will lose you more games than you win.

Johnson had the same ******* issue and now Pearson is also suffering in the same way. 

It's so frustrating because you can see there is some good stuff there but you need to be on it from the first whistle. Am I completely mad or does this wind anyone else up?

Ps. The selection on Bell today was criminal and Pearson should take the blame for that. Finally Williams and James are shite. 

• Like 1

Bar a few it's almost like we have a whole squad that's only able to play at top end  championship level for 20 mins, they then seem to be able to play bottom half championship football for about 60 mins and then it's 10 mins of conference level football.

Why we can't sustain decent levels is beyond everyone I think, I can't see how anyone can coach that out, it's not mental. As far as I can tell it's just the type of players MA/LJ went for, I assume with the thought that we could get better value and LJ could coach them into some consistency which obviously failed.

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

You cannot, and I absolutely repeat, cannot, only play one half of football and win games in this league.

First half today was a disgrace and it was the same when we played Cov at home last week Tuesday. 

Getting a bollocking at half time and playing 20 minutes of alright stuff in the second half will lose you more games than you win.

Johnson had the same ******* issue and now Pearson is also suffering in the same way. 

It's so frustrating because you can see there is some good stuff there but you need to be on it from the first whistle. Am I completely mad or does this wind anyone else up?

Ps. The selection on Bell today was criminal and Pearson should take the blame for that. Finally Williams and James are shite. 

The first half against Cov was not a disgrace. 

Bell is not a RB.

Williams and James are not shite.

Even so, you're right! You can't play for one half, or 20 mins, and expect to win.

Just ask that muppet Pat Lam.  

• Like 1

Calling Williams shite baffles me, when he played as the man just inverting of the defence a few weeks ago he was the reason we looked solid in the middle. I still think the right back position is causing so many problems and yesterday just highlighted that. We can't play 3-5-2 when we have injuries because we don't have the depth and we can't play 4 at the back because noone can play that RB role with any degree of consistency or ability. 

We're desperate for a proper right back but with our finances as they are in concerned about next season. We may fix the RB issue but it could come when we lose Scott or Semenyo. 

Another issue is all of the talk about playing HNM when the lad is still terrible with his passing decisions at times. He may be able to make passes some of our players would dream of but he also makes passes that a L2 player could make. 

All in all consistency is the real issue throughout the squad, I would say we only have a few players who are consistent with them being Klose, Weimann and DaSilva (recently). It's going to be a very hard preseason if we can't bring in some players who are going to be good players and consistent and it's the mentality that causes this lack of it. 

• Like 2

Bell miles out of his depth at right back /wing back.

Birmingham played on it and often doubled up where he had no choice but to go.to the ball and then theyd pass it in behind him. 

He didnt help himself with some sloppy giveaways too.

However he is young and  he did recover well but the damage was done 

6 hours ago, Spike said:

Calling Williams shite baffles me, when he played as the man just inverting of the defence a few weeks ago he was the reason we looked solid in the middle. I still think the right back position is causing so many problems and yesterday just highlighted that. We can't play 3-5-2 when we have injuries because we don't have the depth and we can't play 4 at the back because noone can play that RB role with any degree of consistency or ability. 

We're desperate for a proper right back but with our finances as they are in concerned about next season. We may fix the RB issue but it could come when we lose Scott or Semenyo. 

Another issue is all of the talk about playing HNM when the lad is still terrible with his passing decisions at times. He may be able to make passes some of our players would dream of but he also makes passes that a L2 player could make. 

All in all consistency is the real issue throughout the squad, I would say we only have a few players who are consistent with them being Klose, Weimann and DaSilva (recently). It's going to be a very hard preseason if we can't bring in some players who are going to be good players and consistent and it's the mentality that causes this lack of it. 

Needs to be more composed at times but he brings pace and and urgency which we badly lacked yesterday. Neither James nor Williams were looking to carry the ball forward and were happy to play it sideways or backwards. Scott did the same when he came deeper to get on the ball as there was then nobody in front of him to then give the ball to, with Williams and James alongside him.

We needed someone more dynamic in midfield. Wonder if Weimann could do a job there as he did for a while under Holden when Massengo isn’t playing just to provide some energy and forward thinking.