IGNORED

Hypocrisy

This isnt specific to us but all football crowds and I admit its just a minority but the hypocrisy shown by some idiots is ridiculous. 

Yesterday we had 

Applause/tribute to Ukraine : Applause

Take the knee: Applause 

62 minute: Applause for fan who has passed away.

All these displays of affection for human beings but when a player celebrates in front of us all sorts of objects are thrown /flare thrown yesterday/hooliganism in the park and stands etc 

I know its only some idiots but quite a large number of idiots. I wonder if they're aware of their own hypocrisy?

• Like 8
  • Flames 3

Just now, The Humble Realist said:

This isnt specific to us but all football crowds and I admit its just a minority but the hypocrisy shown by some idiots is ridiculous. 

Yesterday we had 

All these displays of affection for human beings but when a player celebrates in front of us all sorts of objects are thrown /flare thrown yesterday/hooliganism in the park and stands etc 

I know its only some idiots but quite a large number of idiots. I wonder if they're aware of their own hypocrisy?

I totally agree, there seems to be an upturn in bad behaviour across football, talk of 'firms' and large numbers facing off at games.

The 80's called as they want their idiots back.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I totally agree, there seems to be an upturn in bad behaviour across football, talk of 'firms' and large numbers facing off at games.

The 80's called as they want their idiots back.

21 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Yesterday we had 

Totally agree , I fail to understand how people manage to get flares into the ground? Unfortunately, we are seeing an increase in incidents at grounds up and down the country. Had the misfortune of a small group of Swindon town fans yesterday about 20 who were playing up in Halifax - they were playing Bradford away yesterday !

• Like 1

I doubt the pitch object throwers ever do much that virtuous before or after their brain-dead actions.

Clubs have been fined tens of thousands of quid for fans throwing objects on the pitch. right now we are borassic, so to do so confirms you are no City fan, just a d------d.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I doubt the pitch object throwers ever do much that virtuous before or after their brain-dead actions.

Clubs have been fined tens of thousands of quid for fans throwing objects on the pitch. right now we are borassic, so to do so confirms you are no City fan, just a d------d.

Obviously, I had to look it up and now understand we are skint.

Every day’s a school day.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Humble Realist said:

Yesterday we had from offenders

Applause/tribute to Ukraine : indifferent

Take the knee: against/booed 

62 minute: indifferent

By point being, htf do you know what everyone was doing in the ground, get a life mate and stop posting meaningless threads

Edited by jaydee=inspiration
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

40 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I disagree and don’t think there’s a ‘large’ number of anything.

Google Coventry v Derby post game, there were  loads of both sides squaring off. I'm sure there are others too.

Not my 'thing' but the undercurrent does seem to be coming back.

At least its dancing nowadays rather than actual trouble but we, as a club, need to nip the 'missile' thing in the bud ASAP.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Google Coventry v Derby post game, there were  loads of both sides squaring off. I'm sure there are others too.

At least its dancing nowadays rather than actual trouble but we, as a club, need to nip the 'missile' thing in the bud ASAP.

Definitely made a comeback, lots of issues across the country at all levels, nothing to do with crowds being back, widespread drug use is the main problem. I thought A&S were clamping down on drug use, violent behaviour, flares etc yesterday....that went well ?‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Humble Realist said:

Yesterday we had 

I agree broadly but I'm not convinced those who throw objects/ embarrassing idiots  are also supporting anything good that the rest of us are.

One of my most enduring memories ( God knows I've tried to forget that evening) was Joe Jordan coming to "have a word" with fans at Trumpton.

Yesterday we had 

A couple of general thoughts loosely related to your post:

1. Do we think that having so many applauses/silences perhaps dampens their impact? As you say, it was 3 on Saturday. It feels like it's at least 2 most weeks now. That's not to say that they're not for good causes, but IMO their value has been lost through overuse. 

2. Does anyone else feel that there's been an increase in the number of opposition players goading the home crowd at AG? Seems to be happening far more than it used to. I'm not justifying the throwing of projectiles at all, though surely there's a correlation between the two things

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

• Admin

Yesterday we had 

Completely different scenarios and nowhere near comparable 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Supersonic Robin said:

A couple of general thoughts loosely related to your post:

1. Do we think that having so many applauses/silences perhaps dampens their impact? As you say, it was 3 on Saturday. It feels like it's at least 2 most weeks now. That's not to say that they're not for good causes, but IMO their value has been lost through overuse. 

2. Does anyone else feel that there's been an increase in the number of opposition players goading the home crowd at AG? Seems to be happening far more than it used to. I'm not justifying the throwing of projectiles at all, though surely there's a correlation between the two things

As you have rightly said you cannot condone objects being thrown on the pitch, but Charlie Austin QPR in particular goaded the City section for what seemed like an eternity with the useless ref doing nothing. It was almost as if he was thinking, how much have I got to do before someone will throw something onto the pitch. Some of the other incidents cannot be justified, but Austin was provoking a response, no doubt.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Met up with a friend whose very senior at a football club, and asked them about the problems that seem to be present lately. 

His clubs view is that it’s youngsters, who don’t seemingly fear the pretty light touch consequences for misbehaving- these lads aren’t getting the 6’o clock knocks we saw in the 90s clampdown.  Now it’s a polite warning and at worse a temporary ban. 

• Hmmm 1

15 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

As you have rightly said you cannot condone objects being thrown on the pitch, but Charlie Austin QPR in particular goaded the City section for what seemed like an eternity with the useless ref doing nothing. It was almost as if he was thinking, how much have I got to do before someone will throw something onto the pitch. Some of the other incidents cannot be justified, but Austin was provoking a response, no doubt.

I imagine most players ignore the opposition crowd unless they’re provoked first. How do you know Austin hadn’t already had some provocation? Yes, he should probably ignore it, but some players are no better than some fans!

During the Manchester Derby play was stopped for another medical emergency in the crowd. At the risk of sounding unfeeling, I’m not a fan of these increasing stoppages due to one fan taking ill. Of course, if there’s a genuine crowd safety issue then the game needs to be halted but where it’s one fan I’m not convinced it’s necessary. Of course get them the medical treatment they need ASAP. But no need to stop the game in a crowd of 50,000.

• Admin
36 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

During the Manchester Derby play was stopped for another medical emergency in the crowd. At the risk of sounding unfeeling, I’m not a fan of these increasing stoppages due to one fan taking ill. Of course, if there’s a genuine crowd safety issue then the game needs to be halted but where it’s one fan I’m not convinced it’s necessary. Of course get them the medical treatment they need ASAP. But no need to stop the game in a crowd of 50,000.

I was chatting about this to a friend over the weekend, the only thing we could think was that because the pitch side medical team are the ones who tend to treat those injured in the crowd, if any serious happened to a player then there is not the required medical staff available