IGNORED

Nathan Baker. Any fresh news or rumours

DT The Optimist

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Interested in your view of Klose, I know he will be 34 in May & he needs to stay fit, but I’d suggest that he ticks all 3 of those boxes.

Baker, who NP obviously likes, only definitely ticks the first & possibly the other two, the last would be maybe more by example, I guess.

I am a bigger fan of Kalas than you, so if we could do a deal that suited us (or bluntly cannot shift him) would have no issue with him staying, we then need the right type alongside him, which is back to my initial question.

All supposition but my hunch is HNM is off this summer & Scott is probably the one of the 3 with the highest ceiling, so it might be the case that only Benarous (& then maybe as a squad player) is around relatively soon.

Only seen Klose once - the Cov game. Looked up to scratch to me, although I wasn't paying particular attention that evening to his communication skills tbh.

With so many other areas of the team needing work, CB isn't top priority so I'd be inclined to retain him for another season despite his age. Which is hardly a ringing endorsement but there we are.    

21 hours ago, grifty said:

Pearson hasn’t said we’re okay at centre back. JonDolman did. You quoted it. His post starts “I think” and you’ve turn that into Pearson thinks, so we’re in trouble.

Amazing.

What are you on about?

I said if he thinks. That means everything that follows in my post is conditional on that.