IGNORED

HNM

Silvio Dante

I don’t like posting threads that are critical of players as we all have bad days at work - but that was genuinely one of the worst days I can remember Han-Noah having. Even before the penalty (which was needless), every time he had the ball he gave it away. Nothing was coming off, even simple 5 yard passes.

I don’t think it’s anything like angling for a move, because I don’t see that in his character to date, but clearly, he’s woefully out of form and if today is reflective of how he’s been in training the selection last week of half fit James and Williams makes a degree more sense.

Just hope it’s a very small blip in development.

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I don’t like posting threads that are critical of players as we all have bad days at work - but that was genuinely one of the worst days I can remember Han-Noah having. Even before the penalty (which was needless), every time he had the ball he gave it away. Nothing was coming off, even simple 5 yard passes.

I don’t think it’s anything like angling for a move, because I don’t see that in his character to date, but clearly, he’s woefully out of form and if today is reflective of how he’s been in training the selection last week of half fit James and Williams makes a degree more sense.

He's leaving & he knows it.

• Like 5

Out of form and by the looks of it to me, very much out of confidence. I think Nigel's very outward style of man-management suits some of our players, but HNM is not one for me. A player of his talent needs to be nurtured as opposed to openly criticising him.

Looking at his reaction when Han makes a mistake, he is very demanding of him which I think could be down to his appreciation of him as a talent but he's incredibly harsh on the lad for his age imo.

This is my interpretation but who knows what things are like behind the scenes 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

Out of form and by the looks of it to me, very much out of confidence. I think Nigel's very outward style of man-management suits some of our players, but HNM is not one for me. A player of his talent needs to be nurtured as opposed to openly criticising him.

Looking at his reaction when Han makes a mistake, he is very demanding of him which I think could be down to his appreciation of him as a talent but he's incredibly harsh on the lad for his age imo.

This is my interpretation but who knows what things are like behind the scenes 

Yet Pearson has been the only manager who has got him.playing his best football. But yes, he wasn't right today.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yet Pearson has been the only manager who has got him.playing his best football. But yes, he wasn't right today.

that's a fair point but as a young player with his confidence at what looks like an all time low I am wondering if he could do something different with him to boost his performances.

It's an interesting one

Some posts on here make me laugh , “he knows he’s going “ the only clubs that will be interested are league 1 clubs , he’s done nothing here in what 2 years he’s only had 1 assist I can think of and he’s not close to scoring let alone draw a save from a keeper,can’t see what all the fuss is he got to do a heck of a lot more to win me over .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Agree. Has spoken in a very complimentary way about Han without being gushing. Knows he will have good days and bad days. Overall, he’s played some good stuff this season. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Some posts on here make me laugh , “he knows he’s going “ the only clubs that will be interested are league 1 clubs , he’s done nothing here in what 2 years he’s only had 1 assist I can think of and he’s not close to scoring let alone draw a save from a keeper,can’t see what all the fuss is he got to do a heck of a lot more to win me over .

I think you are being quite insulting to what he brings,( usually, ) to the team..At times he has been the driving force in midfield and an absolute joy to watch. 

League one. Not a chance.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Don’t do it then! ?

• Like 2

He's 20 years old. At that age my bad days outnumbered my good ones as I'm sure it did for a lot of us. There certainly wasn't a lack of effort from Han.

Alex Scott was just as poor and there doesn't seem to be the same accusations laid at his door.

Personally, I don't think there's anything in today more than that. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, RED4LIFE said:

He's 20 years old. At that age my bad days outnumbered my good ones as I'm sure it did for a lot of us. There certainly wasn't a lack of effort from Han.

Alex Scott was just as poor and there doesn't seem to be the same accusations laid at his door.

Personally, I don't think there's anything in today more than that. 

Alex Scott has been  consistently good Massengo is still having 1 decent game followed by 6 poor games. Frequently  giving the ball away, stupid free kicks bad back passes and he was doing all of that 2 years ago,his game has not progressed very much at all.Another i wouldn't  be  disappointed to see move on at the end of the season.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Magger1 said:

So that's why your not a football manager then!

?

He had 2 good minutes then went crap, but that's not unusual for Massengo, he's a confidence player if ever I saw one. I can't remember the game but there was a sub appearance last season where he couldn't do anything right. Then we've seen long streaks of games where we laud him as a Premier League player in waiting. He's out of sorts atm but any speculation as to why is guesswork.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

In any set up, if you pass the ball to the opposition when you are not under pressure, you got an issue. I really rate HNM, he is still very young, but some of his decision making are not good enough. It is the area that often is cited by players/coaches etc about why some players, despite all fo the best skills , never realise their potential. I recall a very good interview with Dele Adebola regarding this. He had dropped down the leagues later in his career, and was asked about lower league players . He was asked if they lacked technical skills , and he replied , yes at the very very top, but the biggest difference is about decision making (in his view), that really marks out the top players , from lower league to the top divisions. So, HNM, who I feel can become something very special, has moments of making really bad decisions, and that is what will hold him back. IMHO he needs a couple more years at this level to develop and work (he works very hard) to try and eradicate these mishaps. He made 3 today whilst not under pressure. That he has to solve wherever he goes, as it will stop him reaching the top. A few more games like Preston away if we are to get the millions we need this summer. 

Han was poor, no getting away from that.  But he is a player that likes to make a simple pass…and we were at a point of in the game where we didn’t have much control and as team we gave it away cheaply.  Williams and James were tiring, although both got a second wind.

Han looked heavy legged, of late he’s looked sharp, even if things have been a bit up and down.  Today he didn’t look like he had a run in him.

3 hours ago, billywedlock said:

His first bad pass , not under pressure was really hard to grasp . It was awful . Even though he is young that  sort of error is elementary and shocked me . He now has a lot of game time and that was dire . As his biggest fan that sort of error ( repeated ) is a huge worry for his future . Fans love his cameos his tricks and moves but those are the basics and he failed dramatically . He should by now be eliminating these basic issues . 

I think half his weakness is that he’s got to do stuff at 100 miles an hour, great when you’re closing down and trying to win the ball but less so when in possession with it. It’s almost like he thinks he’s absolutely has to do something when he has the ball be it to take it forward, or try to play an immediate pass when sometimes just keeping hold of it and assessing his options might be better. That might come with time, if he does then he will be a fantastic player.

• Like 3

I really like Han-Noah. Always gives everything, tenacious, enthusiastic, clearly really gifted in terms of technical ability…

… Yet consistently makes some really poor decisions in his own defensive third and contributes next to nothing in the attacking third in terms of goals and assists.

Still only 20 with bucket loads of room for development, yet has also played nearly 100 first-team games!

I think he has a really big decision to make in terms of what next in his career. And, if he doesn’t stay, it’s really hard to call what sort of level he’ll be playing this time next year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Journalist said:

I really like Han-Noah. Always gives everything, tenacious, enthusiastic, clearly really gifted in terms of technical ability…

… Yet consistently makes some really poor decisions in his own defensive third and contributes next to nothing in the attacking third in terms of goals and assists.

Still only 20 with bucket loads of room for development, yet has also played nearly 100 first-team games!

I think he has a really big decision to make in terms of what next in his career. And, if he doesn’t stay, it’s really hard to call what sort of level he’ll be playing this time next year.

It’s one of the reasons I think he will stay.  He knows he has things to work on in his game.  He has a very supportive manager.  Can you imagine him at Watford this season (had we accepted offer last summer) in the PL?

• Like 3