IGNORED

FBC Podcast - Blackburn [A] reviewed - at last, a win away after 159 days

headhunter

LISTEN HERE: https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/at-last-a-win-on-the-road/ 

A much needed 3 points, an end to the dreadful away run and a clean sheet to boot.

Ian & Mark go through the game with DaveP who was at Old Trafford yesterday to see a Renaldo hat-trick.

Big question for Nige is does he recall Kalas for the trip to Oakwell on Tuesday?

Credit to Weimann who looks on course to secure a 20 goal season for the first time in his career.

Another match saving display from Bentley; I feared the worst as local hero Bradley Dack stepped up for his pen.

Shout out for JD who’s arguably our most improved player of late and on Cundy, maybe Ian has been right all along?

10 minutes ago, headhunter said:

LISTEN HERE: https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/at-last-a-win-on-the-road/ 

A much needed 3 points, an end to the dreadful away run and a clean sheet to boot.

Ian & Mark go through the game with DaveP who was at Old Trafford yesterday to see a Renaldo hat-trick.

Big question for Nige is does he recall Kalas for the trip to Oakwell on Tuesday?

Credit to Weimann who looks on course to secure a 20 goal season for the first time in his career.

Another match saving display from Bentley; I feared the worst as local hero Bradley Dack stepped up for his pen.

Shout out for JD who’s arguably our most improved player of late and on Cundy, maybe Ian has been right all along?

When he suggested playing Cundy up front ???? you mean ?

• Haha 7

WTF..............With the greatest respect.  Why were u watching the most over rated team in the UK?........watched by a crowd with the highest percentage of foreign fans.  While your Home City Team were playing 35 miles away?  Have u a reasonable excuse?  Hmmm!  Ha!  ?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Few sound issues Dave.  Could barely hear you.

Has Vyner been thrown under the bus, or just not selected?

Surprised with another away game, Ian wants to move away from the system on Saturday that looked far more secure than it has for ages.  Imho, whilst we persist with a back 3, someone is going to have to play “out of position” at RWB.  More important to me that we have 3 in the centre of midfield.

Agree re Wells’s introduction.  Clever movement.  And I saw a video yesterday that showed he was onside too for the goal.  Semenyo had been ill also, so not surprising he tired.

No credit to Pearson then for Weimann’s “form of his life”…the credit goes to Johnson does it for signing him, not Pearson for “re-signing him”?  C’mon, a bit of consistency in the argument, please.  It is ok to give Pearson some credit, even if you’ve previously said you don’t trust him in the transfer market this summer.

Kalas I could see playing RB in games, where required, but he’s not gonna give us what we need at RWB.  Not sure he’ll be fit either.

Quina is on loan from Watford, Mark.

Other than that, a good listen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

No credit to Pearson then for Weimann’s “form of his life”…the credit goes to Johnson does it for signing him, not Pearson for “re-signing him”?  C’mon, a bit of consistency in the argument, please.  It is ok to give Pearson some credit, even if you’ve previously said you don’t trust him in the transfer market this summer.

Let’s be honest, that isn’t going to happen here, is it?

There will be more comments of “we are behind NP” followed by some more sniping.

Not bothering to listen any more, doubt that I’ll learn very much.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Ian loves blowing his own trumpet, doesn't he?!

Stating that he's the man because he's been calling for Cundy's inclusion for months!

He did the same last season with Riley Towler and Vince Harper!

Towler got found out being too inexperienced as soon as he played and Harper got released as he wasn't thought good enough!

If you throw enough shit Ian something will eventually stick!

Also Dave can you sort the sound out old bean. Love the podcast but it's a hard listen at times!

Most weeks the sound is out of sync between you and Ian so every time one of you speak we have to turn the volume up or down.

This isn't a moan just a little feedback. Thanks for all the effort from you guys!?

• Like 5

20 hours ago, maxjak said:

WTF..............With the greatest respect.  Why were u watching the most over rated team in the UK?........watched by a crowd with the highest percentage of foreign fans.  While your Home City Team were playing 35 miles away?  Have u a reasonable excuse?  Hmmm!  Ha!  ?

Was offered the tickets for Man Utd. a while back and thought it was on the Sunday! Had it been then would have taken both games in. 

Great to see Ronaldo score that hat trick in the twilight of his career but attending as a neutral [any game] just doesn't do it for me.

Also, sorry for the sound [again] - was recording on Zoom from a hotel room with a weak wi-fi.

Why the lavish praise from Pearson for Martin but muted in comparison on Cundy?

I think we're right about Zak being on the so-called naughty step.

Finally, re. Weimann - I held my hands up again to apologize for my past criticism in this latest episode.

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Was offered the tickets for Man Utd. a while back and thought it was on the Sunday! Had it been then would have taken both games in. 

Great to see Ronaldo score that hat trick in the twilight of his career but attending as a neutral [any game] just doesn't do it for me.

Also, sorry for the sound [again] - was recording on Zoom from a hotel room with a weak wi-fi.

Why the lavish praise from Pearson for Martin but muted in comparison on Cundy?

I think we're right about Zak being on the so-called naughty step.

Finally, re. Weimann - I held my hands up again to apologize for my past criticism in this latest episode.

I assure you  my comments were very much tongue in cheek, however having said that, I would have personally sold the Man Utd tickets and gone to Ewood Park.  ........I completely agree with the lack of praise for Cundy being poor management by NP, but he seems to have a history of having his favourites?   I am very much on the fence RE: Pearson, and believe that the 3 year contract was a mistake.......but i guess time will tell?  Thanks for replying...and continued good luck with the podcast, which i always listen to, when the Mics working  Ha!!                

• Like 2

On 13/03/2022 at 15:31, maxjak said:

I was just going to say the same, I turned it off after hearing that !  :dunno:

I'm afraid I have had to take FBC off of my podcast following list. The sound issues make it almost unlistenable most weeks, and when you can hear Ian is insufferable!

I have recently started listening to the 3 Peaps bonus shows and they are exactly what FBC is striving to be, giving a more serious and insightful counterpoint to the more irreverent but always enjoyable OSIB.

I'm sorry Dave, but the sounds does need sorting and the Ian worship as some kind of tactical genius needs to stop. I seem to remember Ian's masterful plan to improve results a few weeks back was 'stop letting the opposition shoot so much'.

On the plus side, your other contributors are generally decent and know what they are on about.

Edited by richwwtk
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I'm afraid I have had to take FBC off of my podcast following list. The sound issues make it almost unlistenable most weeks, and when you can hear Ian is insufferable!

I have recently started listening to the 3 Peaps bonus shows and they are exactly what FBC is striving to be, giving a more serious and insightful counterpoint to the more irreverent but always enjoyable OSIB.

I'm sorry Dave, but the sounds does need sorting and the Ian worship as some kind of tactical genius needs to stop. I seem to remember Ian's masterful plan to improve results a few weeks back was 'stop letting the opposition shoot so much'.

On the plus side, your other contributors are generally decent and know what they are on about.

Sorry to have lost you as a listener

I don't get the Ian worship comment - it's his opinion same as my slagging off COD or Weimann and in this week's episode I held my hand up, not for the first time, to say I was wrong about our leading scorer and what do I know anyway!

I had a DM on Twitter the other day and this comment, "I especially like the way you will confront issues that other podcasts won't for fear of upsetting the club", just goes to prove that we have others who take an alternative view.

I don't know how many downloads OSIB get as they are not in the public domain but based on data published on Podbean our last 4 post match pods on aggregate are 7% higher than 3 Peaps [2-2] whereas 4 months ago we were lagging 40+% behind most of the time.

To all, I say apologies for the sound which I strive to make consistently listenable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Sorry to have lost you as a listener

I don't get the Ian worship comment - it's his opinion same as my slagging off COD or Weimann and in this week's episode I held my hand up, not for the first time, to say I was wrong about our leading scorer and what do I know anyway!

I had a DM on Twitter the other day and this comment, "I especially like the way you will confront issues that other podcasts won't for fear of upsetting the club", just goes to prove that we have others who take an alternative view.

I don't know how many downloads OSIB get as they are not in the public domain but based on data published on Podbean our last 4 post match pods on aggregate are 7% higher than 3 Peaps [2-2] whereas 4 months ago we were lagging 40+% behind most of the time.

To all, I say apologies for the sound which I strive to make consistently listenable.

I'm sorry I've had to stop listening as well, I need something to pass the time on the endless M4/M5 trips!

It does come across, whenever I've listened in the past, that Iam is treated with a reverence not afforded to other contrbutors, whether it's a concious thing or not.

I also don't get the defence that other pods worry about upsetting the club. None of them are affilliated in any way, and are free to say what they like about Bristol City, and often do!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I'm sorry I've had to stop listening as well, I need something to pass the time on the endless M4/M5 trips!

It does come across, whenever I've listened in the past, that Ian is treated with a reverence not afforded to other contrbutors, whether it's a concious thing or not.

I also don't get the defence that other pods worry about upsetting the club. None of them are affilliated in any way, and are free to say what they like about Bristol City, and often do!

Ian - your opinion, fair enough but people took the same view of Piers Morgan - love him or loathe him! Ian is an opinionated  old sod and his delivery and manner can come across as rude and self righteous - I take it all with a pinch of salt.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Ian - your opinion, fair enough but people took the same view of Piers Morgan - love him or loathe him! Ian is an opinionated  old sod and his delivery and manner can come across as rude and self righteous - I take it all with a pinch of salt.

I wouldn't listen to anything with Piers Morgan on either :P

• Haha 3
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, headhunter said:

They do. However he gets people talking and that’s a good thing love him (a few) or loathe him (the many). I haven’t listened to this one, but I might just so I can switch it off after you mention Man Utd. :laugh:!

When will the next one be ready after tonight’s game?

6 hours ago, richwwtk said:

I wouldn't listen to anything with Piers Morgan on either :P

Anyone who calls Lionel Messi a flat track bully is never worth listening to. How anyone can make a statement like that is absurd. I can see the similarities with Ian.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10610281/Ronaldo-proved-greatest-Messi-flat-track-bully-insists-Piers-Morgan.html

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

They do. However he gets people talking and that’s a good thing love him (a few) or loathe him (the many). I haven’t listened to this one, but I might just so I can switch it off after you mention Man Utd. :laugh:!

When will the next one be ready after tonight’s game?

Live at 10 tonight when you can hear us spout our usual *hit win, lose or draw!

Here's the link: https://www.podbean.com/lsw/voj3TKjf6G?lsid=DM1xATlOukR

• Like 2