IGNORED

Weekend Fitness News.

Bristol Rob

I'd think very seriously about whether to play Williams again this season. If we assume it's 3 weeks out then he's maybe on the bench for Posh, maybe starting against Stoke. We're likely to be mathematically safe by Stoke. 

At this point I'd honestly just let him get properly fit rather then risk yet another recurrence or new injury that jeopardises his pre-season.

Unless every other CM gets crocked, I'd tell him now that his season is over. Get in the gym, and get ready to play 46 games next season.

Good news on Scott and Semenyo though.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 7
  • Robin 1

23 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

The article on the website also mentions that Benarous and O'Leary both have Covid and won't be available.

Did wonder what had happened to them both, Benarous wasn’t officially on the bench at Blackburn according to the media so maybe it happened then.

Opportunity for someone new on the bench on Saturday, maybe Owers or Idehen involved again?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'd think very seriously about whether to play Williams again this season. If we assume it's 3 weeks out then he's maybe on the bench for Posh, maybe starting against Stoke. We're likely to be mathematically safe by Stoke. 

At this point I'd honestly just let him get properly fit rather then risk yet another recurrence or new injury that jeopardises his pre-season.

Unless every other CM gets crocked, I'd tell him now that his season is over. Get in the gym, and get ready to play 46 games next season.

Good news on Scott and Semenyo though.

He would have been properly fit, he has been massively unlucky with other peoples injuries. He's been eased back really well, but because we had no other fit MF he came on early. Who's to say it wouldn't have happened anyway, if he had come on later as planned. 
Hopefully he gets a few 45's and build towards a 90 , maybe last game. I'd hope he could go into the Summer with the confidence of a completed 90 minutes under his belt.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

He would have been properly fit, he has been massively unlucky with other peoples injuries. He's been eased back really well, but because we had no other fit MF he came on early. Who's to say it wouldn't have happened anyway, if he had come on later as planned. 
Hopefully he gets a few 45's and build towards a 90 , maybe last game. I'd hope he could go into the Summer with the confidence of a completed 90 minutes under his belt.

I agree he's been managed well. There was clearly no intention at all to bring him on so early against Barnsley, but needs must. I can see that a couple of 30 minute cameos towards the very end of the season may be beneficial, but I really would be cautious. We have Benarous who will also benefit from those same minutes. It's a balancing act but personally my view is that if we don't need to risk Williams, let's not.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I agree he's been managed well. There was clearly no intention at all to bring him on so early against Barnsley, but needs must. I can see that a couple of 30 minute cameos towards the very end of the season may be beneficial, but I really would be cautious. We have Benarous who will also benefit from those same minutes. It's a balancing act but personally my view is that if we don't need to risk Williams, let's not.

Totally get where you're coming from. I do think though, for his confidence and mindset going into the summer, getting through a full 90 would be great. 
I have more trust in the current medical set up (even with the continuing problems) , they never seem to try and rush players back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Shuffle said:

Any news on Kalas as was touch & go Saturday at Blackburn but omission from Czech squad suggests something longer term?

Pearson said he needed a rest after effectively playing for 2 years without a break because of the Euros & that he’d been playing through pain in recent appearances.

He didn’t completely rule him out but I got the impression that he wouldn’t be involved.

Re the Czech games I reckon we’ve asked for him not to play as a result, though he’s lost his regular place in the side since last summer anyway.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

There is no way we should risk losing Williams to injury, much more sensible not to pick him at all.

Hang on....

Yeah but ! wait a minute he might pull his hamstring? No but! He is a total waste of time! can't last a game! Yeah but! he's a great midfield player,saw him giving Peterborough evils ,No but! almost 2 seasons now and played about 10 games.Yeah but! he is a nice lad ,everyone loves him in training,No but! he is no good to us with his present fitness problem  which shows no sign of going way! Yeah but! No but! etc,etc.

On 17/03/2022 at 22:30, GrahamC said:

Pearson said he needed a rest after effectively playing for 2 years without a break because of the Euros & that he’d been playing through pain in recent appearances.

He didn’t completely rule him out but I got the impression that he wouldn’t be involved.

Re the Czech games I reckon we’ve asked for him not to play as a result, though he’s lost his regular place in the side since last summer anyway.

I get the feeling he is on his way out end of the season 

On 17/03/2022 at 13:30, GrahamC said:

Did wonder what had happened to them both, Benarous wasn’t officially on the bench at Blackburn according to the media so maybe it happened then.

Opportunity for someone new on the bench on Saturday, maybe Owers or Idehen involved again?

I thought I heard they both now covid negative. But can see a few younger players on bench or maybe even given a start  

Still feel we gonna get spanked saterday