IGNORED

Chris Kamara illness

Lanterne Rouge

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Watching Kammy on SS yesterday it was obvious he wasn`t right and it turns out it is this:

Chris Kamara reassures viewers after slurred speech | The Northern Echo

Let`s hope he can beat this. He certainly will fight it all the way.

I searched for news about him after his appearance yesterday, so thanks for posting this.  

Got to give the guy a tonne of credit for appearing when he’s clearly struggling.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Good Luck to Chris...........he seems to be a nice bloke..............I wish him well

He does appear to be and best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.

But for balance, he was a dirty thug as a player. A red card at Ashton Gate in the 80s, for a deliberate studs up stamp, remains fresh in my memory. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

CK has Apraxia then

Speaking on GMB, Chris Kamara said: "It was incredible, today's a good day, today I think I'm fine, I don't know how I sound but it seems as if I'm okay.

"I'm not really sure about how it comes out because if I explain my Apraxia, it's like we take for granted the fact that when we think and coming through our speech, it's comfortable, it's easy, it's natural.

"My Apraxia when it's bad stops those signals from that brain going to that mouth so it slows it's down. In fact, at times it slurs the words as well. So people are looking and thinking, 'Is he alright? Is he drunk?'

Keep smiling Kammy

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

CK has Apraxia then

Speaking on GMB, Chris Kamara said: "It was incredible, today's a good day, today I think I'm fine, I don't know how I sound but it seems as if I'm okay.

"I'm not really sure about how it comes out because if I explain my Apraxia, it's like we take for granted the fact that when we think and coming through our speech, it's comfortable, it's easy, it's natural.

"My Apraxia when it's bad stops those signals from that brain going to that mouth so it slows it's down. In fact, at times it slurs the words as well. So people are looking and thinking, 'Is he alright? Is he drunk?'

Keep smiling Kammy

I'd rather listen to Kammy with a bit of slurring than many of the others, at least the bloke is a great character and has a superb personality. Top bloke.

• Like 2

On 20/03/2022 at 10:34, Lanterne Rouge said:

Watching Kammy on SS yesterday it was obvious he wasn`t right and it turns out it is this:

Chris Kamara reassures viewers after slurred speech | The Northern Echo

Let`s hope he can beat this. He certainly will fight it all the way.

There was a advert he was doing about 2 months ago with Kelly Cates and he was speaking slow so looked on Google to see if he had had a stroke in the past year and he hadn’t,so this explains it

40 minutes ago, TheReds said:

I'd rather listen to Kammy with a bit of slurring than many of the others, at least the bloke is a great character and has a superb personality. Top bloke.

Met him a few times and he is exactly that,what you see on tv is how he is,really nice and funny bloke 

29 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

There was a advert he was doing about 2 months ago with Kelly Cates and he was speaking slow so looked on Google to see if he had had a stroke in the past year and he hadn’t,so this explains it

Met him a few times and he is exactly that,what you see on tv is how he is,really nice and funny bloke 

I don't think I've ever read a bad word about him, seems quite happy to take the pee out of himself and have a right laugh. Imagine a few hours out with him would be quite entertaining. He's do well if he kept up his persona if he wasn't like it in real life, even though a few seem to do it (Frankie Dettori being one of them).

On 20/03/2022 at 15:00, Merrick's Marvels said:

He does appear to be and best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.

But for balance, he was a dirty thug as a player. A red card at Ashton Gate in the 80s, for a deliberate studs up stamp, remains fresh in my memory. 

Great memory on you Mr Marvels! if only mine was so good, but the cider has done for that..... and in Chris K's defense, we have probably all done some "dumb a$$" stuff in our younger days that we all now regret.... If only my "red mist" tackles were the only misdemeanors to forget in my case!