IGNORED

Huge Crowds

sglosbcfc

11 minutes ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Hi Shaun , 

booked hotel quickly on booking .com then Let flights stew for a week or 2 to see how much they fluctuated and they didn’t drop so nailed them on easyJet website.

most German clubs will have translated English version of their websites so it’s easy to book tickets .We picked Hertha as they only sell out against Bayern, Dortmund, and ? Berlin so tickets are easy to get. Once purchased they are sent straight to your email as print at home. Voilà. 

Sounds straight forward and many thanks for sharing.

9 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I'd be interested to know what the away figures were. I imagine pretty good for Notts County/Chesterfield but not so for Wrexham/Dover. Away fans can make a real difference here but not so elsewhere, although they can travel in reasonable numbers in Germany, Italy and Poland for the big rivalries. 

2700 Chesterfield at Notts County.

10 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

I can't remember what tier they were in, I'd say maybe 4th, but 1860 Munich were getting 12,000 on average when they were very low down the leagues. I think Germany can rival the UK for attendances.

Mrs Oxo used to live in Giesing. I Used to get and see TSV quite a bit. Always got great crowds, particularly if you consider who the other team in Munich is! 

1 hour ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Hi Shaun , 

booked hotel quickly on booking .com then Let flights stew for a week or 2 to see how much they fluctuated and they didn’t drop so nailed them on easyJet website.

most German clubs will have translated English version of their websites so it’s easy to book tickets .We picked Hertha as they only sell out against Bayern, Dortmund, and ? Berlin so tickets are easy to get. Once purchased they are sent straight to your email as print at home. Voilà. 

Ah Onion Berlin v Hertha Berlin derby is one of my favourites!

Hi Guys, a little off subject about German crowds etc but had to include this clip.

I have to add that I'm not a Liverpool fan but was at this game at the MCG just for the experience & to see Stevie G. The atmosphere was incredible & when the singing started it was spine tingling & very emotional.

Enjoy !!!

Edited by bpexile

12 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Wrexham are a bit like Plymouth in that they have little competition for a fanbase in quite a large area. Chester were their nearest rivals but are in the bottom half of NL North, and the nearest league rivals are Crewe and Shrewsbury...

Wrexham has loads of competition for a fanbase - the two teams in Liverpool are the same distance away as Crewe and people from Wrexham can get to both Liverpool clubs in 45 minutes - they can also get to both Manchester clubs in an hour - comparing that to Plymouth is just madness ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

18 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Isn`t the record for a Division Three game still Wednesday v United on Boxing Day 1979 - just shy of 50k at Hillsborough? The return leg at Bramall Lane the following April was just over 45k too.

Wasn't that match the Boxing Day massacre?

United got twatted 4-0, and their promotion push fell off a cliff. Relegated to Div 4, the season after.

• Like 1