IGNORED

England v Ivory Coast

Jerseybean

9 hours ago, bris red said:

I’m a huge fan of seeing our young players abroad to be honest - what Tammy is doing in the Serie A is fantastic. The more players we have experiencing a different brand of football on the continent can only benefit the national team positively IMO.

A move to Barca or Real would be fantastic for Bellingham instead of the predictable move to the Prem..

I agree. He’s also clearly got his head screwed on as he chose Dortmund over United. Think he’s too sensible to come back over here and deal with the English media when he could easily be a long term replacement for one of Madrid’s midfielders.

9 hours ago, Super said:

He'll be in the Prem. Liverpool I expect would be a great move playing under Klopp.

Would be very disappointing, I can’t see it happening myself but who knows. Be amazed if Liverpool paid his transfer fee.

8 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

France played their friendly in Lille and Spain played Iceland in La Coruna. Would be good to see more England friendlies played somewhere other than Wembley, but I guess it’s all about money and contracts with the FA.

It will continue until the FA finally pay off the millions that it cost them over the odds to build the place.

• Like 1

Southgate has to decide between 3 or 4 at the back. I think the personnel pretty much remains whatever he does.  Just James v Bellingham in the XIs.

I think he will go with the 3-4-3.  I would do that but with Bellingham for Phillips but Southgate will pick Phillips.  These are his trusted.

Pickford

Walker.  Stones.  Maguire

James.   Rice.  Phillips.   Shaw

Sterling.  Kane.  Foden 

Pickford

Walker.  Stones. Maguire.  Shaw

Rice. Phillips

Sterling.   Bellingham.  Foden

Kane 

Disappointing to see a section of England (Man Utd) fans boo Maguire. He has never had a bad game for England from my memory. Really poor.

I predict Semi finals for England at the World Cup, from there who knows what could happen. Not many teams worry me right now. Spain to be the dark horses this World Cup and I think Brazil will be better this time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I predict Semi finals for England at the World Cup, from there who knows what could happen. Not many teams worry me right now. 

I reckon its now or never for England. They are used to being in the latter stages of tournaments now, have a bunch of real talented players and crucially playmakers. The WC is also during the middle of the season, so no more excuses about being tired. I just hope GC is a little bolder with his team selection, and goes for it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Disappointing to see a section of England (Man Utd) fans boo Maguire. He has never had a bad game for England from my memory. Really poor.

Yep, and good to see Southgate calling it out afterwards too. He's right in what he says, if you ask most of them why they're doing it, they wouldn't be able to tell you.

11 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Why the referee have to go and check. Never a penalty . VAR irritates me even when it’s right 

VAR is shocking. Especially when compared to other sports use of TV. 

Why not broadcast the conversation between the Ref and VAR?  That will put the ref in charge of the process. At the moment he is told when he should look. Why not let him decide.

On the flip side it may have calmed the ref down last night. Has to be said he ruined a shit game.

23 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Southgate has to decide between 3 or 4 at the back. I think the personnel pretty much remains whatever he does.  Just James v Bellingham in the XIs.

I think he will go with the 3-4-3.  I would do that but with Bellingham for Phillips but Southgate will pick Phillips.  These are his trusted.

Pickford

Sterling.  Kane.  Foden 

Pickford

Rice. Phillips

Kane 

Team 1 with Bellingham in for Phillips. Wouldn’t have him playing as a 10 in Team 2.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Pickford

Sterling.  Kane.  Foden 

Pickford

Rice. Phillips

Kane 

Not sure it's at all clear cut what his team will be for instance left back where Shaw hit a purple patch at the euros and has been frankly shit since. Guess that depends on Chilwell's recovery.

He's getting to the point of having almost too much choice which is probably wise as going to have players miss out late due to injury. There's a 1 week gap from league's stopping to tournament..

There won't be much time to prepare as there normally is for a tournament.

5 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Not sure it's at all clear cut what his team will be for instance left back where Shaw hit a purple patch at the euros and has been frankly shit since. Guess that depends on Chilwell's recovery.

He's getting to the point of having almost too much choice which is probably wise as going to have players miss out late due to injury. There's a 1 week gap from league's stopping to tournament..

There won't be much time to prepare as there normally is for a tournament.

They've got 4 Nations League games in June but then that's it until the tournament. That June squad will be interesting because normally in a non-tournament summer you'd get quite a few pulling out or not selected if they've got even the slightest niggle, however doing so this time could very well cost them a place in the WC squad.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

They've got 4 Nations League games in June but then that's it until the tournament. That June squad will be interesting because normally in a non-tournament summer you'd get quite a few pulling out or not selected if they've got even the slightest niggle, however doing so this time could very well cost them a place in the WC squad.

Thought they had Germany in September?

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Pickford

Sterling.  Kane.  Foden 

Pickford

Rice. Phillips

Kane 

Phillips over Henderson?

I think the big difference with the current squad compared to those of the past is the depth of the quality. In the past we had squads that either had 11 good players or we had 22 who were poor to average. Now I feel we have quality in the 22 and beyond, there were several players either injured or not picked in this international break that you could make an argument for starting, we have never had that before.

9 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Henderson won’t get a sniff. It’s between Phillips and Bellingham. I’d play Bellingham, plays at a higher level and is far more dynamic. 

Henderson is a far better player than Phillips.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KegCity said:

In what way? Phillips breaks up play better and has better distribution.

Phillips does that i agree but not a chance has he better distribution than Henderson. Don't really get the Phillips love in.

Edited by Super
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Super said:

Henderson is a far better player than Phillips.

Phillips was one of England's best players at the Euros. We didnt miss Henderson as a result. This season he has not been the same player, largely due to Leeds struggling. KP is class, but having him with Declan Rice is too negative. 

For me now, Henderson doesn't get in the starting XI. You have DR a definite starter, then Mount (Southgate's secret son), Belllingham all ahead of JH.