IGNORED

Musings from today

Silvio Dante

34 minutes ago, ZumerZetSmithy said:

I was there and just felt Bournemouth held on to the ball better. Completed passes better.  We allowed 3 soft goals in  but I enjoyed my day out

Agree. They are a good side to watch, aren’t they? And they must have completed 5 passes to every one we managed.

Their third goal was very good. And Solanke…..I know he cost however many million, but what a player. 

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Agree. They are a good side to watch, aren’t they? And they must have completed 5 passes to every one we managed.

Their third goal was very good. And Solanke…..I know he cost however many million, but what a player. 

He cost them (£17m) more than our entire 18 man squad cost us..

• Like 11

18 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Having just got back…I didn’t think that was bad at all.

The maturity of Conway to delay the ball for Weimann also impressive.

In the car, we were discussing who played badly. Scott was probably weakest overall (better at WB), but we competed well.

Not perfect, but I’m not driving away unhappy today by any stretch.

I watched on line, and I didn't really notice this at first, but it was very impressive indeed.

If you watch carefully on the clip, Conway looks up and sees Weimann, who is way outside of the box at this stage, start his run. Conway then waits, and waits...., and then puts in a perfect low cross to meet Andi's late run. 

https://streamja.com/29Q9a *

Bournemouth's third was a very good goal, but, equally, Scott's defending was very poor.

https://streamja.com/G2K2B *

With acknowledgements and many thanks to @IAmNick

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, harrys said:

Didn’t Kalas, Wells & Massengo cost at least that?

No, Kalas (who wasn’t involved yesterday anyway) cost £8m Wells £5m & HNM an initial £2.7m, plus as has already been pointed out one of these 3 wasn’t in our squad yesterday anyway.

Only found out today that Lerma cost them £25m! ******* hell.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

No, Kalas (who wasn’t involved yesterday anyway) cost £8m Wells £5m & HNM an initial £2.7m, plus as has already been pointed out one of these 3 wasn’t in our squad yesterday anyway.

Wow I had know idea it was that much. Add in players like Kelly - wonder how much their starting XI cost? Certainly highlights the gulf, and lack of level playing field against clubs who come down. 

55 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Kalas wasn’t in the squad unless I didn’t notice he was on the bench?

You’re right, but when Kalas or Wells do  play he would have cost more than the whole squads of teams like Cov’ Luton, Blackpool etc yet they seem to be doing ok

54 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I’m still in shock that Watford had a player against us last season that cost over 40 million

13 minutes ago, harrys said:

You’re right, but when Kalas or Wells do  play he would have cost more than the whole squads of teams like Cov’ Luton, Blackpool etc yet they seem to be doing ok

Exactly. God bless Lee, Mark Jon and Steve. Particularly super coach!

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Lucky Bournemouth fans, what a team they've got. Reaping the benefits of taking their chance when it came along. Unlike us, who twice decided not to answer the door when opportunity came knocking.   

They cheated FFP to get there, that’s not luck.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

They cheated FFP to get there, that’s not luck.

That's football, parachute payments aren't fair, half the penalties given these days aren't fair.

I know they cheated, but they took their chance, they got there, they found away. By the time we shouted "that's not fair" they were booking trips to Old Trafford and the like and couldn't care less. That's streetwise types do. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GrahamC said:

He cost them (£17m) more than our entire 18 man squad cost us..

Yep, not an even playing field. Although I wasn’t trying to make a point about ££s, parachute payments, FFP etc. Just how it’s great to be able to watch players like him. The way he just drifts past defenders is something else. 

5 hours ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Lucky Bournemouth fans, what a team they've got. Reaping the benefits of taking their chance when it came along. Unlike us, who twice decided not to answer the door when opportunity came knocking.   

Yes, a superb team, BUT still a crappy little third tier club , fans and outlook imho .

19 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Paid for by their Russian owner who made his money in petrochemicals. The parallels with Chelsea are interesting at the very least.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/abramovich-football-clubs-russian-owners-26383286

He's a British citizen apparently, that moves the dial significantly on sanction potential- maybe makes him exempt in fact, I'm no expert.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/significant-update-emerges-on-afc-bournemouths-ownership-situation-amid-russia-situation/

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

17 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

No? Not making your own luck? A bit like delaying the kick-off to a critical end of season do-or-die game so as to know what result you (both) need to stay up. Naughty, and not nice.

We're too nice, nicer than bloody Bournemouth. 

Lesson seems to be don’t max out FFP obliterate it instead 

1 hour ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

No? Not making your own luck? A bit like delaying the kick-off to a critical end of season do-or-die game so as to know what result you (both) need to stay up. Naughty, and not nice.

We're too nice, nicer than bloody Bournemouth. 

I think a certain Mr Hill was responsible for that, rather than Bristol City.

Not that I was particularly bothered.

Was I heck, what a wonderful night.