IGNORED

3 points from mathematical safety

Major Isewater

Neither Derby nor Peterborough can catch us even if they win all their remaining matches. 
Barnsley , if they win all their games are the only threat if we don’t pick up any more points between now and the end of the season . 
For what it’s worth with Semenyo back we should win at least one to be assured of Championship football next season. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Neither Derby nor Peterborough can catch us even if they win all their remaining matches. 
Barnsley , if they win all their games are the only threat if we don’t pick up any more points between now and the end of the season . 
For what it’s worth with Semenyo back we should win at least one to be assured of Championship football next season. 

Part of the problem tbh, everyone know we are safe. Much more confident of Barnsley not getting 16 from 6. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Great, I feel so much better......? there's so much to look forward to?

Edited by maxjak

Its a bleeding disaster, escaping relegation by the skin of our teeth...wtf. all stems from the premature sacking of SC by SL great decision Steve and its got us where exactly.....well just about where we are due mainly to a huge amount of luck.

Now we have to put our faith in NP building some sort of decent team/squad, with..... nothing..... due to your dream of the all conquering Bristol Sport and taking your eye of the BCFC ball.

You never asked us the fans, about anything really, after 50 plus years in my case you have acheived? a demand......your way or the highway, so I for one have taken the highway...

Whilst I have every faith that we’re capable of losing the next 5 games Barnsley have realistically got to win all 6 of their matches. 

Huddersfield, West Brom, Preston and Swansea stand in their way.

Blackpool and Posh are the other two.

Worrying for next season that we’ve still to be mathematically safe despite a decent team having 21 points deducted and a dogshit team having a 6 point penalty.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Whilst I have every faith that we’re capable of losing the next 5 games Barnsley have realistically got to win all 6 of their matches. 

Worrying for next season that we’ve still to be mathematically safe despite a decent team having 21 points deducted and a dogshit team having a 6 point penalty.

Fear for next season we look doomed already.

6 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yes it’ll be interesting to see whether we’d survive on purely footballing league (not one affected by financial irregularities) after 46 games or whether we get to the magic 50 points or whether we take more points than last season…. All doubtful.  

14 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Realistically we are safe but not mathematically. Barnsley have won 6 in 40. Now they need to win 6 in 6 or 5 and a draw and hope for a better goal difference to overtake us. Not going to happen.

12 minutes ago, Kibs said:

750-1 on SkyBet if anyone is genuinely worried! 

Can’t believe we can still go down ! This season isn’t over then, most thought it was over months ago but somehow we have slipped into a relegation dog fight as we can’t win a game.  I can’t think of anything positive to say about Pearson right now, he’s not improved us at all this season, we are in exactly the same position as last season. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, City1970 said:

Realistically we are safe but not mathematically. Barnsley have won 6 in 40. Now they need to win 6 in 6 or 5 and a draw and hope for a better goal difference to overtake us. Not going to happen.

In life things happen that are not or shouldnt happen, things that give large odds of it happening. From walking out the front door to walking up down the stairs most folk survive and carry on but you are not safe until you are safe. We are not safe until we are 100% safe.

Massive odds on us playing the sags next season but those odds wont be so big for the season after, its not over till its over.

11 minutes ago, gl2 said:

In life things happen that are not or shouldnt happen, things that give large odds of it happening. From walking out the front door to walking up down the stairs most folk survive and carry on but you are not safe until you are safe. We are not safe until we are 100% safe.

Massive odds on us playing the sags next season but those odds wont be so big for the season after, its not over till its over.

I agree, you are not safe until you are mathematically safe. However, in statistical terms, the probability of Barnsley overtaking us is extremely low. 

6 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

We were safe after we beat Boro on 19/2.  As a few of us were telling the worriers at the time 

Yep & I’m confident we’ll be mathematically safe on Friday, Barnsley are at Swansea then & because their goal difference is even worse than ours, they need to win that & then 5 more, hoping we didn’t pick up just 2 more points.

As I said when I offered to bet someone on here £50 a while ago, It isn’t happening.

58 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Can’t believe we can still go down ! This season isn’t over then, most thought it was over months ago but somehow we have slipped into a relegation dog fight as we can’t win a game.  I can’t think of anything positive to say about Pearson right now, he’s not improved us at all this season, we are in exactly the same position as last season. 

We really haven’t, as the odds suggest.

1 hour ago, LoyalRed said:

You can pretend we are in a dogfight if you want. I am losing patience with Pearson but I won’t pretend we are in a relegation battle just to strengthen a case for him to go. Seems a bit pathetic 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

You can pretend we are in a dogfight if you want. I am losing patience with Pearson but I won’t pretend we are in a relegation battle just to strengthen a case for him to go. Seems a bit pathetic 

If Reading win their remaining games and we don’t then likely we are down.  Not really pathetic, just basic maths.   The probability is very low, but there is still a chance so the season isn’t over for us yet. 

E658949E-3E5B-491A-BAC3-498BA2E45356.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

If Reading win their remaining games and we don’t then likely we are down.  Not really pathetic, just basic maths.   The probability is very low, but there is still a chance so the season isn’t over for us yet. 

Why would we go down if we finish 21st?! 

You might have basic maths but you don’t have much else!

• Haha 6

18 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

You do realise only 3 get relegated don’t you?

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, gl2 said:

Its a bleeding disaster, escaping relegation by the skin of our teeth...wtf. all stems from the premature sacking of SC by SL great decision Steve and its got us where exactly.....well just about where we are due mainly to a huge amount of luck.

Now we have to put our faith in NP building some sort of decent team/squad, with..... nothing..... due to your dream of the all conquering Bristol Sport and taking your eye of the BCFC ball.

You never asked us the fans, about anything really, after 50 plus years in my case you have acheived? a demand......your way or the highway, so I for one have taken the highway...

According to the oracle (Wikipedia) it was Keith Dawe who sacked SC.

Reality is, that first season back in the Championship was a shit-show that had the finger prints of many people all over it. The players weren't good enough, the investment sporadic and the manager failed.

NP said post-match that he didn’t want us to just somehow stumble over the line, instead he wants players earning the right to be here next season and he reiterated that our remaining games are important. We’ve got Stoke City, Sheffield United, Derby County, Hull City and Huddersfield Town to play. Right now Stoke and Hull realistically having nothing to play for, the other three do.

Based on yesterdays performance we could IMO easily lose all five games. Which would certainly be a case of hideously stumbling over the line!

Does this potentially suggest that some players simply don’t want to be here next season? Maybe. That NP has lost the dressing room? Don’t think so. That we are a very poor team. Certainly.

For the record I’m a NP supporter and believe that he will turn this around, as he made clear at the outset that isn’t going to happen fast.

As difficult as it is going to be it will, nevertheless, be a fascinating closed-season. I have no doubt that NP knows who he is looking to get rid of, the players he hopes to bring in and as usual he will take a pragmatic view focusing on the things within his influence and not wasting time or energy on anything else.  The starting line up for our opening game next season will reveal how successful a summer it has been.

• Like 1