IGNORED

Lessons To Learn

Dastardly and Muttley

A few things which, judging from my views from Saturday and tonight's Radio Bristol commentary, we can learn from these two games.

- 433 without a target man does not work. Give Lee Miller a start, or change it now.

- Scott Murray is not a striker. I know he was injured and not match fit at the end of last season, but has been half the player he was since coming back.

- Joe Anyinsah looks like a great prospect, capable of opening teams up at the death.

- Lita is on goalscoring form, as much as I believe that he should not be starting at the moment, he is the only player to have scored for us so far and is in the team on merit.

- The midfield and strikers do not seem to be linking up well enough, maybe the return of Goodfellow, and in the long term, Wilkshire will sort this.

- There's not enough height and strength in the side.

- There's not enough width in the side.

- We rarely beat the first man with crosses or corners, and when we do, often the delivery is poor.

Anyone got any more to add to that?

A few positives, but mostly negatives, showing that Tinnion and the team need to improve a lot from these first showings, and I'm sure they will.

I mentioned that this is Tinnion's acid test, and that's because last season, Wilson's reluctance to break up Doherty and Burnell cost us promotion. I hope Tinnion is prepared to admit that he has it slightly wrong sooner rather than later, and either bring Miller into the front 3, or change the formation.

Over to you, Brian.

Archived