IGNORED

Congratulations Nige

Numero Uno

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

I questioned him last Saturday so tip my hat to him this weekend, a cracking win and safety guaranteed. :clap:

Agreed, last Saturday was crap, it can't be argued. The bloke has been given a three year plan and the objective for Year 1 is achieved. Year 2 must show improvement, that's for sure, and we can all judge that when we get to it. My only concern is that the complete and utter clown we have running the shit show will panic when the inevitable dip in season ticket sales occurs....................if that happens he merely proves to me how unfit for purpose he is.

• Like 13
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fantastic result….but still in the bottom third. ???

(Consistent no agenda)

We're in the Championship again next season Dave, I think that's all we could ask for at the mo.

Celebrate? No, it's not worthy of a celebration but certainly relief the job's done. 

• Like 5

It's an interesting one. Credit to NP certainly and as for 3 year plan well I'd lean more towards 4 year plan given the FFP uncertainty.

I don't think our squad necessarily a relegation one when all consistently fit but although improved on last season, how many times just one one example have we been able to field from the off a James-Williams-Massengo trio.

Overall done fine. Cut wage bill and other player costs, been blooding youth and yes the regular medium term injuries still persist. More of a consistency of level at home from Barnsley onwards and when the level is alright results often follow.

Loads still to be done of course but very much NP in.

• Like 4
  • Robin 2

21 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I questioned him last Saturday so tip my hat to him this weekend, a cracking win and safety guaranteed. :clap:

Last Saturday was a poor game but nearly every game was ? during the last two years of Johnson’s time in charge. 
Perhaps next season will be much better?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

I think there are a fair few managers who would have got relegated with this squad to be fair.

Very good point, I’ve felt apathetic about Nige recently but credit where it’s due, job done for this season, but really need to see us push on next.

• Like 1

Definitely worth sticking with him in my opinion. This summer could be a tricky one, but it’s a test of his experience, contacts and skill in the transfer market.

Personally I won’t judge too harshly until Christmas. Don’t like to speak for the consensus but I get the impression most people were satisfied with survival and youngsters being blooded this season. He’s achieved that with a few weeks to spare.

There’ll be a couple on here secretly gutted we won today which is sad. 

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 16
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Nige and JD things you love to see

Dasilva is a real success story this season. Seemingly cast out at one point, fought his way back in when the opportunity arose, and has proven himself. Topped off with a flukes but enjoyable goal. Hope he gets the praise he deserves!

• Like 11
  • Robin 1

17 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

I think there are a fair few managers who would have got relegated with this squad to be fair.

I agree. I also think it was a pretty decent performance today. I do think though, there are a few managers who would have achieved a higher finish. I'd definitely keep him, but I'm not getting carried away just yet. 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Dasilva is a real success story this season. Seemingly cast out at one point, fought his way back in when the opportunity arose, and has proven himself. Topped off with a flukes but enjoyable goal. Hope he gets the praise he deserves!

Absolutely, I would say he has been our most consistent player since he returned. Fair play to him but also Nige 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Good post.

Pearson has mentioned players needing to show character & JD has certainly done that.

Gave it a decent go out of position at RB & very good since returning to his best position.

• Like 16

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Waiting for the raft of Podcasts this weekend or as we’ve won & are safe, reckon there won’t be any? ?

Safe with 4 games to go, having never really been in a relegation. Battle all season.

I remember the start of 17/18, asking for a relegation safe season and no long winless runs.

• Like 7

Just now, Davefevs said:

Safe with 4 games to go, having never really been in a relegation. Battle all season.

I remember the start of 17/18, asking for a relegation safe season and no long winless runs.

Don't think we've actually been in the bottom 3 have we? Closest maybe 6 points away at some point? Might check later.

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Don't think we've actually been in the bottom 3 have we? Closest maybe 6 points away at some point? Might check later.

Off the top of my head I seem to recall Cardiff in Jan feet like a 6 pointer, but even then we were clear of the relegation spots.

image.png.cc5c704de0543661eb58029d54848ced.png

This was the table after that game:

image.thumb.png.f68860b54bd996a134e354020a44c956.png

So we’d have been 5 points ahead of Peterborough, after the the 6-2 to Fulham.

• Thanks 1