IGNORED

Derby v Fulham

Jerseybean

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Reading are at home. I think they get at least a point.

Derby's away form is woeful, and they fluked it a bit against Fulham. 2-0 to QPR I'd say.

Would put Derby 10 behind with 9 to play for. Oh no. How sad. Anyway.

Disgusting work from me. Apologies to all who are offended.

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Lawrence sent off. More proof that referees are part of the conspiracy against Derby.?

Or is it proof that Lawrence was an EFL agent all along...?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Heard on Radio earlier that Peterborough , Barnsley also considering legal action and pushing EFL to impose further points reduction this season !

Wow. There was a suspended - 6 if they a) Didn't comply with the budget THIS season b) Had an overspend Projected this season c) Didn't submit all documents to the EFL on time (last seasons accounts and this seasons projections) or indeed if not on time any time between now and June 2023.

Although any of those triggering the suspended deduction wouldn't prevent charges/punishment for the specifics of the breach itself, if that makes sense. Agreed Decision would explain it better than me.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wow. There was a suspended - 6 if they a) Didn't comply with the budget THIS season b) Had an overspend Projected this season c) Didn't submit all documents to the EFL on time (last seasons accounts and this seasons projections) or indeed if not on time any time between now and June 2023.

Although any of those triggering the suspended deduction wouldn't prevent charges/punishment for the specifics of the breach itself, if that makes sense.

Yep, 6 points, plus 6 suspended.  I wonder if they have breached any of the conditions?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, 6 points, plus 6 suspended.  I wonder if they have breached any of the conditions?

I assume that the - 6 would have been triggered instantly had it been required but suspended deductions can be triggered after season end (Macclesfield summer 2020) so devil and detail springs to mind.

• Like 1

On 17/04/2022 at 17:04, Mr Popodopolous said:

Putting my obviously relatively partisan views to one side, I may as well ask.

@Derby_Ram @AnotherDerbyFan

Pearson and Derby. What happened? He got sacked in not much time at all, on paper looked a very good appointment. He's not exactly someone who demands a big chequebook or at least with us he seems comfortable not doing so- different at Derby?

I dare say given time and patience Derby might have been better off under him than they have subsequently ended up but then again one game from glory in 2019.

Interested in why the arrangement came to such a quick end and did he deserve more time?

The appointment seemed to make sense at the time. Wassall was previously caretaker manager and despite having a decent record displayed a lot of inexperience as first team managers, and some experienced players (Shackell) looked down on him. Pearson came in to take a no nonsense approach.

Thing is, he took a very good 433 side and tried to make 442 work. Loaned Martin out to Fulham and splashed £12m on Vydra and Anya (when we had 6 wingers on the books already - Weimann, Ince, Russell, Bennett, Blackman, Camara). Then opted to play Butterfield on the wing.

The football was awful, the performances were awful, the results were awful... if the meeting with MM didn't go the way it did, he would have been sacked soon enough anyway. Fron the comments at the time, I picture Pearson diving across the desk in Mel's office... ?

• Thanks 1