IGNORED

Absolute disgusting behaviour

Stockwood gate

12 hours ago, GrahamC said:

How would that work? How could they prove random people on trains have a connection to a specific football club?

As for the original issue, we have a problem with male culture & violence that I rarely see when I go to continental Europe.

I don’t know why that is the case, but truly pathetic.

Trains have CCTV. If they wanted to,  British Transport Police could publish their photographs in the local press .

Edited by E.G.Red

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

I know Barton has a reputation ITN , but don’t you think you should say something , or move away from the home bench 

Ha ha - for once, JB was not the guilty party in this instance! ?

1 minute ago, richyy66 said:

Will be a fair few about Monday. Bank Holiday 5:30 kick off and plenty from Sheffield attending. What could possibly go wrong . Going back a fair few years it kicked off big time with them at Ashton Gate . 

Was that at the old style play-off game?

1 minute ago, In the Net said:

Ha ha - for once, JB was not the guilty party in this instance! ?

Was that at the old style play-off game?

No it was a nothing end of season game for us. Sheffield were near the top. Very similar to Mondays game. Some bell end decided to make the decision to give Sheffield first two blocks in Dolman. All hell broke lose. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

No it was a nothing end of season game for us. Sheffield were near the top. Very similar to Mondays game. Some bell end decided to make the decision to give Sheffield first two blocks in Dolman. All hell broke lose. 

Ah, I was thinking of the play off game when a team in the relegation place would play a two legged tie with team in promotion place from league below, to try and save their status.  I think Sheff Utd did so on that occassion - they stopped that format as there was a lot of trouble at the various matches I believe. 

13 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

That’s because the younger generation, in my experience, know how to respect others and treat people with decency. Also in my experience it is these cretinous middle aged drunkards that cause most of the problems this country has. Our away end recently sums it up. After Swansea I actually reduced my intake massively out of fear of looking like or becoming one of these buffoons. 

I do feel sorry for the more mild mannered fans who travel 4 hours just to get these titcakes stood in front of them. We have an elderly travelling contingent and it baffles me that they keep coming after some of the things I’ve seen them put up with during games this season. 

I’m no snowflake but it really is quite bad at times. There’s a line. 

That is very odd because I have totally the opposite interaction with the youth on away days,unless they are holding each other’s todgers in a cubicle then I’m guessing they are getting coked right up which would explain their damn right awful behaviour (not defending the older thugs because they are just as bad)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It’s not only Halifax.

Several years ago, I was shopping In Sainsbury’s when my toddler daughter, just three or four years old, told me she absolutely had to go to the toilet - she was no longer wearing nappies.

I tried initially to use the ladies toilets, but, unfortunately if perhaps understandably, I was told in no uncertain terms that I was not going to be allowed in - this was by the female clients, not security.

I received the most awful comments and threats when I chose the men’s toilets, but persevered, only to receive exactly the same when we left the (filthy) cubicle, and was abused and spat at whilst I was helping my daughter to wash her hands, and this by men who were leaving the toilets without so much as a second glance at the wash basins.

Very difficult to explain such behaviour to a young girl.

What the hell leads someone to behave like that? Did they think it wasn’t your daughter or something?

1 hour ago, richyy66 said:

1989 if memory serves me 

5 hours ago, In the Net said:

Ah, I was thinking of the play off game when a team in the relegation place would play a two legged tie with team in promotion place from league below, to try and save their status.  I think Sheff Utd did so on that occassion - they stopped that format as there was a lot of trouble at the various matches I believe. 

There was trouble down the harbour one year the day before they played play off final in Cardiff

7 hours ago, In the Net said:

We beat Sheff Utd in that game, they haven't liked us since !! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

Trains have CCTV. If they wanted to,  British Transport Police could publish their photographs in the local press .

I know that, but I used to work with a bloke from Oxford who was a massive Leeds fan, I don’t think for 1 minute he was this type but you have no way of knowing who a rail passenger “supports”, I was replying to the bizarre question about whether clubs can be fined, there is no way that could happen.

What are clubs supposed to do to prevent this happening on a train?

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I know that, but I used to work with a bloke from Oxford who was a massive Leeds fan, I don’t think for 1 minute he was this type but you have no way of knowing who a rail passenger “supports”, I was replying to the bizarre question about whether clubs can be fined, there is no way that could happen.

maybe hire/block book train coaches/trains even, for the bigger games, just as road coaches are hired atm; with seats sold to fans. This would not stop fans going "there own way" but would give fans a quick/safe away day trip :dunno:

Edited by gl2

9 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That is very odd because I have totally the opposite interaction with the youth on away days,unless they are holding each other’s todgers in a cubicle then I’m guessing they are getting coked right up which would explain their damn right awful behaviour (not defending the older thugs because they are just as bad)

In every away game I've been to this season all the idiots I've seen have been the coked up youngsters causing the trouble and also shouting abuse at our own players and fans.

10 hours ago, richyy66 said:

Absolute bedlam. 2-0, we ****** up your party if I remember correctly 

Personally think if you’re a p**ck when you’re 18, you’re probably going to be a p**ck when you’re 30 & so on. You’d like to think people learn as people get older, although you’d expect anyone at any age to know it’s not acceptable to smash up a train, get in peoples faces, swear & act intimidating, especially in front of families. But no doubt they will have their excuses, usually someone else’s fault. COYR 

• Like 2

Bunch of no-marks, whatever their age. Always have been, always will be. It doesn't matter how many books they write trying to make out they were in some way important.

The only thing they did of any importance was to drag football through the mud and leave us with the 'sterilised' evironment we have now. They love to complain about 'modern football', but it is a direct consequence of their behaviour from the 60's through to the end of the 80's.

• Like 13

17 hours ago, RedRock said:

Never forget getting on a train at Newton Abbot heading to Plymouth. Loads of our ‘lads’ on board noisy, well-lubricated and already ‘well up for it’. Mother with young child around 4 years of age in seats both clearly frightened by the numerous characters in close proximity. One of our lads then started a conversation with said child who immediately was put at ease. How it should be. 

15 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Yes definitely a good idea for a pissed up, noisy "lad" to go a talk to a 4 year old ? I'd say more often than not that would be even more intimidating

Oh, I don't know.

It can be done.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

The welsh hate being left out?

All happy on train , 30 Cardiff and 100 Newport. Newport got off in Swindon then Cardiff threw cans and bottles at them? Newport reacted and threw some back. Cardiff fans disgusted by this behaviour on their forum and wanted those who were identified to be outed. 
CCTV on train will have footage and those who are identified could well be punished. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

All happy on train , 30 Cardiff and 100 Newport. Newport got off in Swindon then Cardiff threw cans and bottles at them? Newport reacted and threw some back. Cardiff fans disgusted by this behaviour on their forum and wanted those who were identified to be outed. 
CCTV on train will have footage and those who are identified could well be punished. 

Don't poke the Bear?

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

Brilliant....there isn't really a 'reaction' emoji for that!!

This was during the 2016 Euros in France.

Very interesting, the Irish fans.

I came across both Irish and Northern Irish fans in Paris and, by chance, some Northern Irish fans in Lyon.

Almost without fail, they were in various states of drunkenness, laughing and, of course, singing, but most importantly, extremely good humoured. One would fall over and his mates would just laugh and take the mickey, but never a hint of any violence.

The various French people I met during the tournament had nothing but praise (and amazement) at the combined Irish fans' behaviour.

A shame that the English fans couldn't have left a similar impression.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, weepywall said:

We beat Sheff Utd in that game, they haven't liked us since !! 

Wasn’t that the year that we went onto lose to Walsall who had David Kelly that just had to touch the ball once during a game to get on the score sheet against us? 
Think the 89 fixture was a bank holiday where they were causing trouble in WSM before heading to our ground. 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

No but if on investigation they were found to have attended the match then the individuals  could be liable to football banning orders in addition to any action taken by the rail authorites.

33 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

This was during the 2016 Euros in France.

Very interesting, the Irish fans.

I came across both Irish and Northern Irish fans in Paris and, by chance, some Northern Irish fans in Lyon.

Almost without fail, they were in various states of drunkenness, laughing and, of course, singing, but most importantly, extremely good humoured. One would fall over and his mates would just laugh and take the mickey, but never a hint of any violence.

The various French people I met during the tournament had nothing but praise (and amazement) at the combined Irish fans' behaviour.

A shame that the English fans couldn't have left a similar impression.

Mirrors my experience with them at those Euros too

21 hours ago, daored said:

Unfortunately it isn’t just related to football , threatened by a group of four this afternoon will bring stabbed. Took our little lad whose two to the the toilet with me as potty training and trying to encourage, to be called a padeo and my son gay by some numpty to which I replied do you want want a slap - to be met by four outside and one monthly **** threatening to stab me for disrespect . It isn’t just football , it’s booze and coke and it’s only to get worse 

That is truly terrible. Those idiots can’t have been parents and I hope they never are unless they grow up and change their attitude. 

• Thanks 1