IGNORED

Call Me A Pessamist But.......

Cider red

being realistic will we really get promoted this year?? I think not. I will be very happy with the playoffs at the end of the season because when you look at it there are 5+ teams who are better than us.(Walsall , hull , tranmere etc..) Plus the likes of colchester and oldham who will be up there as well , this league is week but with tinns in charge i cant see us doing it. Thats not having a go at him ,(its only his first job)given time i'm sure he will be a quality manager but this year is too early , if we fail to get promotion there will be further player cutbacks and the board will be under scruitiny for sacking wilson and i know i will certainly blame them and not tinns if we dont go up. I think we will be in the top half but i wouldnt get your hopes up about running away with the league , its going to be a tough year. :rolleyes:

I'm really not sure. I said at the start that perhaps this year would be an adjustment period, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up. And of course right now things aren't looking too good.

I would say we might still manage a high finish, and are still the best team in this division, 1st place is not out of sight.

Absolutely, you have to give a 'new' manager at least 2 seasons to get his team right. To think that we are favourites to win this league is proposterous!

The board have taken a massive risk by appointing an unproven manager on the cheap! If it pays off then fantastic we'll all stand up and applaud them for having the guts to do it! If it doesn't pay off, what then?!

Managers & to a certain extent Directors come & go & are largely forgotten! We'll ALWAYS be here & all we can do is support the team & whoever is in charge or (& it's a BIG OR!) vote with our feet & stay away!

Cheerz me babbies!

Come On You REDS!

being realistic will we really get promoted this year?? I think not. I will be very happy with the playoffs at the end of the season because when you look at it there are 5+ teams who are better than us.(Walsall , hull , tranmere etc..) Plus the likes of colchester and oldham who will be up there as well , this league is week but with tinns in charge i cant see us doing it. Thats not having a go at him ,(its only his first job)given time i'm sure he will be a quality manager but this year is too early , if we fail to get promotion there will be further player cutbacks and the board will be under scruitiny for sacking wilson and i know i will certainly blame them and not tinns if we dont go up. I think we will be in the top half but i wouldnt get your hopes up about running away with the league , its going to be a tough year. :D

'Call you a pessimist'? I'd call you a lot of things right now, but not a pessimist. Are you really predicting the outcome of the season on the basis of two matches played? 5+ teams better than us? Why do you predict that Colchester and Oldham will be up there; is this again based on the results of two matches? Why not add Wrexham to that list; they're joint top too! Last season Port Vale had a good early run; what happened to them? Colchester had their moments too, as did Wrexham, but they fell away as the season wore on. It'll happen again. It's a 46 match season and they dont hand out the awards in August! It is far to early to write us off. GIVE IT TIME!

Archived