IGNORED

U23s v Colchester 11am - nil-nil at half-time

Davefevs

23 minutes ago, Mr X said:

How does promotion work in the u23 league?

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think it does….just signifies who makes the playoffs.

@Lrrr will confirm.

I believe that is the case.

First in Northern Group plays second in Southern Group and vice versa, with the respective winners contesting the final.

This is what happened last season, and I seem to recall Louis Britton being quite cheesed off as he had to miss the final.

I can’t remember if this was due to injury or because he had been called up to the first team squad.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

29 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I believe that is the case.

First in Northern Group plays second in Southern Group and vice versa, with the respective winners contesting the final.

This is what happened last season, and I seem to recall Louis Britton being quite cheesed off as he had to miss the final.

I can’t remember if this was due to injury or because he had been called up to the first team squad.

Almost there, you play each team in your group home and away and then the other group just once and (usually) alternate home and away each year. Then top 2 progress to a play off 1st home to 2nd in each then final. 

8 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Almost there, you play each team in your group home and away and then the other group just once and (usually) alternate home and away each year. Then top 2 progress to a play off 1st home to 2nd in each then final. 

If the tables stay as they are, would we play Coventry at home?

Just now, maxjak said:

In a 9 team South league. and a 8 team North league.........how do we end up playing 24 games?   Can someone please explain?                  

If I understood correctly, we play the other 8 teams in our league twice and the 8 teams in the north league once.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Not entirely sure from the teamsheet but looks like a back 4 ? Soady-wood-Idehen-Z. Bell . Think the last under23 lineup was a back 4 as well after mainly playing with a 3 this season. Could be Pearson's influence if he is hoping to play 433 next season...

I suppose the other option is benarous might have played left wing back again