IGNORED

That 4th (concussion) sub

1960maaan

I get that the "other" team is given the extra sub to even things up, but is it really fair ?

Today Scott, one of our better players, has to go off , and we are allowed to have a free sub. All fair enough so far, and if it were against us I'd have no problem with it, but.
It effectively gave Derby 4 tactical subs to use.  IMO, specially if the concussion. sub is used first half, the opposing team should still only get their 3 subs, unless they had already made a substitution due to injury. 
We were forced to play a young attacker at wingback, Derby could have easily seen that and decided to switch systems with the free Sub to try and exploit that. You have to have subs available for head injuries, but they are rarely a benefit to the team that has to make them. I still think you should be able to have a few extra subs not on the team sheet, but available to use in those situations.

Not easy getting these things right, but this just doesn't feel fair over all.

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I get that the "other" team is given the extra sub to even things up, but is it really fair ?

Today Scott, one of our better players, has to go off , and we are allowed to have a free sub. All fair enough so far, and if it were against us I'd have no problem with it, but.
It effectively gave Derby 4 tactical subs to use.  IMO, specially if the concussion. sub is used first half, the opposing team should still only get their 3 subs, unless they had already made a substitution due to injury. 
We were forced to play a young attacker at wingback, Derby could have easily seen that and decided to switch systems with the free Sub to try and exploit that. You have to have subs available for head injuries, but they are rarely a benefit to the team that has to make them. I still think you should be able to have a few extra subs not on the team sheet, but available to use in those situations.

Not easy getting these things right, but this just doesn't feel fair over all.

It's to stop teams abusing it, as you know some would, 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It's to stop teams abusing it, as you know some would, 

I get that, and you are right, but with Docs' available to check, plus they could stop the player playing the next week (possibly 2 games), I do think it could be looked at.