IGNORED

Championship players out of contract

Mr Sno

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

And if he’d not worked out or got injured the same mitherers that moan and moan about Simpson , King and even James would be screaming and moaning why we gave him 18 months

Player recruitment has been our biggest issue going back a good few years. Fans are entitled to scrutinise signings. Simpson is the literal definition of wasted money - no team gets it 100% correct but we seem to have made some bad decisions. No wonder people are “mithering”…

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Player recruitment has been our biggest issue going back a good few years. Fans are entitled to scrutinise signings. Simpson is the literal definition of wasted money - no team gets it 100% correct but we seem to have made some bad decisions. No wonder people are “mithering”…

Many of them were quiet during LJs 4 year player gathering spree - easy in hindsight eh

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Many of them were quiet during LJs 4 year player gathering spree - easy in hindsight eh

Everything is easy in hindsight. Perhaps the fact we jizzed millions away on players like Nagy, Palmer etc means people are sensitised. Don’t blame them. 

What is it about the obsession that some seem to have over Simpson? Yes it didn’t work out great, however it’s one player, who cost nothing except some kind of wage! Atkinson has been very decent and Tanner has been good enough despite having injury issues. King has had injuries too, but also only cost a wage. 

I don’t know if I need to spell this out for a few, BUT, City have FFP ISSUES because of the nuts spending on some utter dross over four years that eventually has/had to be off loaded. This idiot spending was Ashton and Johnson inspired and funded by sales and the fact the benefactor would rubber stamp it. ‘My club my choice’ I think was the quote and bless him I don’t disagree but that doesn’t change the fact crap decisions were rubber stamped leading us to now have to sell to not lose points and get fines.

The failure of Mr Simpson is unfortunate but in the scheme of things was a less than a drop in the bucket of LJ Ashton comparisons, yet it’s constantly, it appears, to be a stick to keep beating Pearson with. That’s just effed up!

• Like 2

Not specifically City related but Reading losing the window so far probably what with Laurent, Rinomhota and Swift all gone for £0 combined with their current financial travails and restrictions- although Blackburn at this early pointy also...Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell out of contract and all left on a free- has to sting! They managed to get Kaminski for a few more years and activated the Brereton clause so can either utilise or sell for a good fee so it's not totally disastrous but to lose those 3 for the princely sum of £0...

Edited by Mr Popodopolous