IGNORED

FOREVER BRISTOL CITY PODCAST - Has a corner been turned, are we heading in the right direction?

Curr Avon

21 hours ago, Mr Sno said:

An interesting listen until Ian Gay mentioned extending the year on ODowdas deal. Absolute lunacy, another potential year on pre-covid wages on one of our biggest disappointments would be a terrible decision in my opinion.

I don't know what he was smoking, but I certainly don't want any of it. Gaslogic.

2 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I hesitate to say this but...

What we need this summer to get rid of deadwood like Kasey Palmer (and one or two others) is a CEO who's a top notch snake oil salesman.

What we need is.... 

Mark A - no, I can't bring myself to say it.

Problem is that kuva will subsequently sign another load of expensive horse shite to massive his ridiculous ego.

Train Guy.

Stick with Richard Gould, he might have the personality of John Major but at least you don’t need to check if your watch & wallet are still there after shaking hands..

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest, why the desire to play Alex Scott behind the strikers?  Most of his age group appearances (both City and England) are in the centre of midfield.  Is it because there is a thinking that “flair player must be a number 10”?

My view is that you want to get Alex Scott on the ball as much as possible and in when their third you want him facing forward.  Playing him as a number ten limits how much you get him on the ball, and he’ll spend a fair bit of of his ball receiving positions back to goal or on half-turn.

He is also has the physical attributes, work rate and aggression to play centre midfield- something that wasn't evident earlier in the season when he was breaking into the side - this is something that has come with confidence and experience.