IGNORED

Streaming 3pm football without a VPN.

Bristol Rob

• The title was changed to Streaming 3pm football without a VPN.

Football is about going to the game and enjoying the atmospheres amongst like minded people. If this came in and had a significant effect on attendances it would not be football for me anymore. Please don’t give people more of an excuse to sit on their sofas with a Deliveroo.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Football is about going to the game and enjoying the atmospheres amongst like minded people. If this came in and had a significant effect on attendances it would not be football for me anymore. Please don’t give people more of an excuse to sit on their sofas with a Deliveroo.

Can’t agree with this . I can’t afford to go to games and my father can’t go for health reasons. Not everyone can attend games. This would give people who can’t go, an opportunity to never miss a game 

Edited by And Its Smith
  • Like 10

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Can’t agree with this . I can’t afford to go to games and my father can’t go for health reasons. Not everyone can attend games. This would give people who can’t go, an opportunity to never miss a game 

I would still get my home season ticket, but having the option of being able to stream games would be welcome as I can't justify eating up half the weekend doing away games.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I sympathise with your position, but it does not change my mind. I am also not in a position to attend every game, but I wouldn’t want attendances across the country to suffer as a result of my circumstances. Empty stadiums are horrible. As Covid showed us. We have some great grounds in the football league that are special places with historicity, they are built for use. 

Edited by Bouncearoundtheground

2 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

I sympathise with your position, but it does not change my mind. I am also not in a position to attend every game, but I wouldn’t want attendances across the country to suffer as a result of my circumstances. Empty stadiums are horrible. As Covid showed us.

I don’t think it would make a massive difference to attendances. Fans can already watch every game if they know how to download a VPN. I think a trial period would be fair. Your fears may not be realised 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

With the proposal there is no mention of the cost of watching a match on TV / online. It would be a fine balancing act whereby it would be / would not be financially beneficial for a club to allow its matches to be remotely watched live. I can’t imagine City would allow all matches to be shown live @ e.g. £10 per match. Live remote watching of matches at a higher price, combined with lower ticket prices, could result in a higher income. 

3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

With the proposal there is no mention of the cost of watching a match on TV / online. It would be a fine balancing act whereby it would be / would not be financially beneficial for a club to allow its matches to be remotely watched live. I can’t imagine City would allow all matches to be shown live @ e.g. £10 per match. Live remote watching of matches at a higher price, combined with lower ticket prices, could result in a higher income. 

The current deal is £25 per month for all games. It feels fair to me and I pay it.  Better than sky sports and BT sport at similar prices 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

When this story originally came out yesterday it was only the bottom two leagues that were to have the ability to show games 

Unless this has changed overnight I'd take this report as the usual standard of reporting 

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Exactly. And ruin their lives by making them fall in love with City !

I suppose the only real issue will be if people have half a dozen adult mates over who could have all been potential ticket buyers and would have spent money in the pubs/bars buy get the cans instead.

That'll be where the club will feel the hit.

I’d quite like some form of “NBA pass” where you can watch any game from any EFL game, but cost would be a difficult one to gauge.

I quite like my VPN annual sub for watching away games on Robinstv. £125(ish) for lots of games.

Maybe a home season ticket coupled with an away tv pass could be another alternative.

Lots of options I guess.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

I sympathise with your position, but it does not change my mind. I am also not in a position to attend every game, but I wouldn’t want attendances across the country to suffer as a result of my circumstances. Empty stadiums are horrible. As Covid showed us. We have some great grounds in the football league that are special places with historicity, they are built for use. 

I think a bit like ICE cars we will one day look back and say ah! the good old days when people actually went to games in person, sound daft? it does but the way the world is going don't rule it out. 

43 minutes ago, pillred said:

I think a bit like ICE cars we will one day look back and say ah! the good old days when people actually went to games in person, sound daft? it does but the way the world is going don't rule it out. 

It’s a very real possibility. Things like this set a dangerous precedent in that regard. Especially amongst the younger generations who are formulating their footballing identities away from the physical spaces of their older counterparts, such as Ashton Gate and the areas around it, and increasingly in the virtual sphere. I can’t see how this would help that issue. Unless we’ve given up now. Unless no one cares about empty stadiums and atmospheres and having a first hand experience of supporting your team. Maybe that is where this is all heading. If so it’s not for me. 

8 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

The current deal is £25 per month for all games. It feels fair to me and I pay it.  Better than sky sports and BT sport at similar prices 

What is £25 per month? 

I havent been to a match all season due to Cancer surgery but i still purchased a Season Ticket. Flying VPN Airways and being able to watch every game has been a godsend to me as i have watched every game home and away. If this did come in i would still go to home matches (Health allowing) and watch all the away games via streaming  

• Like 4
  • Robin 2

7 hours ago, pillred said:

6 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

It’s a very real possibility. Things like this set a dangerous precedent in that regard. Especially amongst the younger generations who are formulating their footballing identities away from the physical spaces of their older counterparts, such as Ashton Gate and the areas around it, and increasingly in the virtual sphere. I can’t see how this would help that issue. Unless we’ve given up now. Unless no one cares about empty stadiums and atmospheres and having a first hand experience of supporting your team. Maybe that is where this is all heading. If so it’s not for me. 

I doubt it. Covid showed us all how awful sport is without fans in attendance. Players hated it, fans hated it, everyone hated it.

53 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just over 6 quid a week .

Actually it’s approx £5.77 per week as there are approx 4.33 weeks in a month on average. The difference may be small, but every penny counts 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’d quite like some form of “NBA pass” where you can watch any game from any EFL game, but cost would be a difficult one to gauge.

I quite like my VPN annual sub for watching away games on Robinstv. £125(ish) for lots of games.

Maybe a home season ticket coupled with an away tv pass could be another alternative.

Lots of options I guess.

I think the annual pass is around £140 now, at least according to my Dutch cousin.

Maybe away steaming passes made available to members/season card holders. I wouldn't want to pay much more than the annual international pass, which works out at about £6 a game if considering away games only. I'd still like the option of watching home games legally if I couldn't attend, so maybe season card holders could get this 'free' if their season card is not used for that game.

I'd consider trading my Now tv season pass (usually around £200 + £5 per month booster for high def (yeah, right) and 3 simultaneous streams) for something like an 'NBA pass' i.e. something that would give me access to all non local Championship streams (including all the away city games). If they could do this for say £350 p.a. then I'm in.

Edited by Sleepy1968
spelling
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

How is this better than Skysports?

4 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Watching every city game on robins tv at the moment. For overseas viewers or UK viewers with a VPN

The original post was about watching live without a VPN so this is a bit of a tangent. Anyway, watching via a VPN maybe OK at the moment because relatively few people do it. If it became the norm for the majority of supporters to do this something would change because clubs would lose out on match day attendance and gain very little from the live streams. The obvious solution would be to stop  live streams by countries outside of the UK and restrict coverage to companies such as Sky etc in the UK and Robbins TV and equivalents. 

Edited by pongo88

12 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

The original post was about watching live without a VPN so this is a bit of a tangent. Anyway, watching via a VPN maybe OK at the moment because relatively few people do it. If it became the norm for the majority of supporters to do this something would change because clubs would lose out on match day attendance and gain very little from the live streams. The obvious solution would be to stop  live streams by countries outside of the UK and restrict coverage to companies such as Sky etc in the UK and Robbins TV and equivalents. 

It’s not a tangent as part of the discussion was what the cost would be. I merely commented that it was £25 per month now which seems reasonable and fair 

• Confused 1