IGNORED

Robins Radio' Audio feed v Hull

Norn Iron

I emailed Streaming@etc to tell them we were getting the wrong feed. I received 2 emails. Here is the first.

Hi, 

The commentary is being pulled by the game today so will be different commentary today

The second was to say they were sorry I wanted to cancel my subscription!

No reason given for the Robins TV feed.

38 minutes ago, Sarumred said:

No explanation as to why the usual commentary was pulled?

They have done this once before this season, can't remember when it was, I think earlier this year. In my opinion the usual RB commentary is excellent and to try to combine TV and audio commentary won't work.  Professional radio sports commentators are miles better, as they are experienced in relaying what goes on on the pitch all the time.  I really hope next weeks commentary game will be back to normal with RB and will still continue next season.

59 minutes ago, grifty said:

I heard the commentator say a couple of times that audio only were listening to his feed. If you did listen, you wouldn’t of had a clue what was going on.

He’d say someone’s name but not what they were doing or where they were.

That's what I said in my post,  no experience of commentating at a radio level. Best left to Radio Bristol as usual.

Mind you when Toby forgot to help us listeners with audio descriptions, especially in the second half, you could hear whole verses of chants.....uninterrupted!

Then there was that clanger when he couldn't describe one of the goals as his video feed had failed to show the live action!

There was also a similar incident later on when the crowd audio mic feed stopped. Cue pure silence before Toby spoke from his broom cupboard without any effects!

Put Toby in a broom cupboard, and this is what you get. Amateurish at best by those in command.

3 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Mind you when Toby forgot to help us listeners with audio descriptions, especially in the second half, you could hear whole verses of chants.....uninterrupted!

Then there was that clanger when he couldn't describe one of the goals as his video feed had failed to show the live action!

There was also a similar incident later on when the crowd audio mic feed stopped. Cue pure silence before Toby spoke from his broom cupboard without any effects!

Put Toby in a broom cupboard, and this is what you get. Amateurish at best by those in command.

Toby wasn't working yesterday... 

37 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

I've just checked out the highlights (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5hLtYL7r-Q) and I think it's Dan White, who seems to be the occasional understudy.

Thanks for the info.

Dan and not Toby was in the broom cupboard.

It's not often I pay a tenner for the Robins TV version. When I do, I normally synchronise the video with my Robins Radio feed so I can hear Radio Bristol's commentary instead. They're presentation is vastly superior.

When will the hierarchy at BCFC learn? Stop messing with the audio feed for the internet subscribers and giving us the RobinsTV based commentary.

No reason was given for the BBC Bristol feed to be pulled. It could be deemed as a breach of contract but in this instance, I can't be bothered to fight it.