IGNORED

Weimann Semenyo Martin

Red Army 75

8 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

You seem to be projecting a hell of a lot on to me there, which seems to say plenty about you and very little at all about me.

This may shock you but - as I am sure is the case with plenty of other fans - I see a little bit too much of “the real world” during the week and enjoy City playing well as a little bit of escapism from that.

Seasons are going to have highs and lows - and this season has has more lows than highs - but, if you can’t enjoy your team winning 5-0 and get angry with other fans for doing so, what’s the point of turning up at all?

Ha!  It would seem you prefer to look at the little picture.....whereas i prefer the bigger one?   Maybe it is to do with our ages?

Edited by maxjak

22 hours ago, Davefevs said:

FWIW my own optimism is based on lots of stuff that happened before 3pm yesterday, that was just a nice bonus.

Apologies Dave.......I don;t get FWIW?  Sorry maybe i am thick?    But i am fascinated to know what happened prior to 3PM, which has got you pleased about?

22 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

If we’d of lost you be moaning that we didn’t beat a team on the beach. 

It’s embarrassing that a number of fans are unable to offer praise when it’s due to Pearson and the players. 

I guess it's just the difference between me being a realist and you being a dreamer?   I would not have moaned if we had lost, I probably would have said nothing at all,  I think it's great that we beat Hull 5-0, but I look at the bigger picture, and for me, my pluses are Antoine, Scott and an exceptional season by Weimann.........but my minuses are    ....       ..........after going to most of our away matches this season, at great expense,  when u mention the word embarassing, I have seen some truly abject, embarassing performances, which are not suddenly forgotten, just because we   beat a very average team 5-0 when it no longer mattered. 

23 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Apologies Dave.......I don;t get FWIW?  Sorry maybe i am thick?    But i am fascinated to know what happened prior to 3PM, which has got you pleased about?

FWIW - “For what it’s worth”.  I was just adding my 2 pence into your response.

re “3pm” I didn’t mean 3pm Saturday per se, I meant over the course of the season, seeing gradual improvement in lots of things, e.g. young players, form of the WSM, finances, disbanding of a cosy club, etc.  I didn’t need to get excited by a one-off 5-0 win, I’ve been pretty happy most of the season to see a plan and that plan coming together, fully expecting bumps in the road along the way, etc, etc.

Maybe I’m easily pleased, but for me the big picture is coming together nicely, and I don’t a big win to get excited, nor do I get down over a defeat.

Others want quicker progress.  That is their prerogative.  No right or wrong.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, maxjak said:

just because we   beat a very average team 5-0 when it no longer mattered. 

I guess that’s your view that it “no longer mattered”.  I’d say it did matter because we gave a fully committed performance.  I suspect Nige demanded it.  I suspect this bunch of players wanted it too.  I sense a swing from cosy club to culture club….just need Boy George Tanner back now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Ha!  It would seem you prefer to look at the little picture.....whereas i prefer the bigger one?   Maybe it is to do with our ages?l

Genuinely outstanding that you replied to my post accusing of projecting things onto me with this.

If it is satire, it is genuinely brilliant. If it is genuine, your head need a little bit of wobbling.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I guess that’s your view that it “no longer mattered”.  I’d say it did matter because we gave a fully committed performance.  I suspect Nige demanded it.  I suspect this bunch of players wanted it too.  I sense a swing from cosy club to culture club….just need Boy George Tanner back now!

Exactly this. The fact we are going for it when the players might mentally be on the beach is exactly why I am hopeful that standards have been raised.

• Like 8