IGNORED

U23s home v Coventry

bcfc01

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Let's hope he's not another Bakinson!

There was some ‘laid back’ resemblance , what I meant when I said I’d like to see him push himself 

Clearly has ability , strong and athletic frame  - if he can push himself and dig deep to be really impactive he could be real asset in the future

Owers appears to have that mindset , made many lung busting runs , in both directions, 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

So was I….and have been most times I’ve seen him since the turn of the year.

Kadji is coming on nicely, and I thought he had one of his best games today, but he’s normally been a bit more on the periphery.  

First proper look I’ve had of him

Bit of a left footed Joe Williams ?

It did cross my mind Dave what he would be like in a left wing back Role ?

he has the drive , and appears to have the right attributes ?

Im not suggesting that would be his best position but it would be interesting 

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Was disappointed with Janneh. 

That’s Janneh all over.  Capable of blinding moments of skill / finishes….but let down by the basics at times.

I think he’s a goalscorer at heart, rather than a “team footballer” if that makes sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

That’s Janneh all over.  Capable of blinding moments of skill / finishes….but let down by the basics at times.

I think he’s a goalscorer at heart, rather than a “team footballer” if that makes sense.

Janneh is a proper athlete but not a natural footballer. When he plays on instinct he is ok but was really wasteful when had time to think. Personally, one to move on as two loan spells at league clubs haven’t been particularly fruitful for him.

Zak Bell just gets better every game, whilst Owers as someone else said is your 7 out of 10 every game and reads the game very well.  Really enjoyable game and some really good performances. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Leroy Lita, Tony Thorpe...

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

2 hours ago, The Bard said:

Leroy Lita, Tony Thorpe...

Yes to this, unfortunately I don't think there is room for that kind of one dimensional player anymore at the top end of the game. A dying breed.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1

I was just commenting on the Post that a number of them might benefit from a loan - L1, FGR or Exeter, as both are now up and local(-ish)? Cheltenham, too.

Benarous is a tricky one, he has plenty of ability, but probably is still a bit ragged for the Championship? Others who've seen more might have a different view.