IGNORED

Sad lazy journalists

davidoldfart

A report in Football League World claims Newcastle/Palace /Wolves/Fulham are all tracking AS who could go in a cut price deal as he is out of contract next season! Think again …we have an option for another year beyond 2023. Why can journalists not do the necessary research if writing an article.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, davidoldfart said:

A report in Football League World claims Newcastle/Palace /Wolves/Fulham are all tracking AS who could go in a cut price deal as he is out of contract next season! Think again …we have an option for another year beyond 2023. Why can journalists not do the necessary research if writing an article.

If its an option then the journalists are technically correct aren't they?

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Not really as it doesn't mean it will be on a cut price

Depends on the type of option though. Are there conditions to be met before exercise? Who is able to exercise it? When can it be exercised?

Until it is exercised he is presumably technically ooc next summer.

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Depends on the type of option though. Are there conditions to be met before exercise? Who is able to exercise it? When can it be exercised?

Until it is exercised he is presumably technically ooc next summer.

The option in his contract is the same we've been putting into quite a few lately,

Ie here's a 2 year deal and the club has an option to extend that when they like,

So while technically he has 12 months left realistically it's 24 months, 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Monkeh said:

The option in his contract is the same we've been putting into quite a few lately,

Ie here's a 2 year deal and the club has an option to extend that when they like,

So while technically he has 12 months left realistically it's 24 months, 

I understand that the club would almost certainly exercise the option before a sale was agreed. I do get that.

Also, not all our options are in that unilateral club form. Martin's was triggered by a certain number of games, and it was he who had the option.

Having said that, given the stage of their career, I do expect Semenyo's is closer to what you describe than Martin's.

The point is though that a journo won't know any more than we do, and so they're not entirely wrong to say he is ooc next summer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, davidoldfart said:

I thought AS signed a new 4 year deal !

8 hours ago, davidoldfart said:

I'm amazed when I listen to the BBC news in the morning how many "facts" they put out are just wrong. God knows how much the news "editor" earns but he must rely an awful lot on interns to research the stories. If it's not the first item on Google then it doesn't exist!

31 minutes ago, Midred said:

I'm amazed when I listen to the BBC news in the morning how many "facts" they put out are just wrong. God knows how much the news "editor" earns but he must rely an awful lot on interns to research the stories. If it's not the first item on Google then it doesn't exist!

Probably about half as much as the average roofer, but I'm interested in which facts the BBC got wrong this morning?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Probably about half as much as the average roofer, but I'm interested in which facts the BBC got wrong this morning?

Nothing this morning. Just names and geographical locations or even pronuniations, but that could be down to to the individual When it happens again I'll get back to you!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Midred said:

Nothing this morning. Just names and geographical locations or even pronuniations, but that could be down to to the individual When it happens again I'll get back to you!

There's a lot I don't like about the Today programme, but that's more to do with questions of balance and its unbearable diva presenters. Facts given as news, rather than quoted by some politician, are rarely wrong. Each night the team will get in at about 8pm and start assembling the  programme under the supervision of the duty editor. There will be a different one each night, they aren't senior grade. The programme editor is a day job and is more or less administrative. In the morning, the team will go through the schedule with news on the hour provided by the Bulletins and Summaries team, who get in at 11pm and work until 10am. You'd not have interns on such a flagship production. The BBC doesn't really "do" journalism internships anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1