IGNORED

Massengo Holding on to His Roots

Port Said Red

Not a hair gag....

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/massengos-special-visitors/

Apologies if this was posted before and I missed it. Paid for his old youth team to come over for a visit, a game and to go to the Hull City game. Good man, shame he wasn't able to get some game time in front of them as well.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

HNM seems to be such a nice guy. 

I can't believe there is anyone with a bad word to say against him as a person. Often gives mixed performances - I guess he's still young and learning, and never really been given an extended run in the side to prove himself.  If he leaves this summer, then good luck to him. I don't think he'll be much missed for his on pitch performances, but more for the loss of potential and his obvious affection for and from the fans. Destined for greater things if handled correctly I think.

• Like 3

He was in High Kingsdown Co-op yesterday evening at the cash till. Said hello and he seemed genuinely surprised to be recognised, although in his City training kit it was a bit of a give away. Seems remarkably down to earth for a 20 year old professional footballer, and all the stories about him off the pitch are always very positive. If he does  leave in the summer, I hope he gets a move to somewhere he can really progress.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

He was in High Kingsdown Co-op yesterday evening at the cash till. Said hello and he seemed genuinely surprised to be recognised, although in his City training kit it was a bit of a give away. Seems remarkably down to earth for a 20 year old professional footballer, and all the stories about him off the pitch are always very positive. If he does  leave in the summer, I hope he gets a move to somewhere he can really progress.

If he gets the move he needs to progress his career and we get the money we need to compete better next season without falling foul of FFP then everyone’s a winner?

• Robin 1

6 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

It was his city training kit that gave him away? Not the massive afro?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, grifty said:

It was his city training kit that gave him away? Not the massive afro?

My impression is that the Afro has been trimmed a bit recently. Either that or it looks a lot bigger when he is running around on the pitch!
And whenever I have seen him around the neighbourhood before, which is quite often, he’s usually in his training kit.