IGNORED

A Poor Performance

Guest LeicesterRed

Guest LeicesterRed

Having seen my first match of the season, I can only say that Tins has alot of work to do.

The defence looks leaky, the attack has little idea. I personally don`t like this hit and hope long ball style of football.Long balls towards short forwards isn`t going to work. When Miller came on i thought things improved a little attack wise.

Many fans tonight were frustrated by silly passing resulting in losing simple balls and a naff referee. Barnsley certainly aren`t a good side, but they were better than us tonight. Jamie Smith had a good game I felt, but if this is the best we can expect, we certainly won`t be visiting the Millenium stadium this year for the play offs or be anywhere near the top 2.

Only 2 games gone, plenty of time to get things right and start playing some decent stuff.

All in all, I was very disappointed tonight.

:D:laugh:

Guest LeicesterRed
Did you think that Miller coming on made the team more balanced - difficult to guage from radio commentary ?

Yes, I thought Miller added that little bit that was missing. he worked well with Lita I thought. I certainly don`t think the Scott, Heff and lita trio is working, but as this is my first match I suppose that`s a little unfair to say.

I did think that the 3 forwards seemed to be playing wide and there was a lot missed by not keeping one central in the attack.

We certainly need a target man. I`d like to see Gillespie and Miller given a start, just to see what they can do.

That's two naff referees then. We've got the squad to beat the likes of Torquay (and by the sound of it, Barnsley) easily. But we're not using what we've got at the moment. Hopefully Tins will change things for a big City following on Saturday. I for one would like to see Miller start - alongside either Heffernan or Lita (Lita, I think, as you don't drop somebody who's scoring). In a 4-4-2 or 3-5-2, but please, not 4-3-3.

Come on City!

:D

Guest wishbone

Not too bad a performance I thought, certainly for the first hour.Still this frustrating lack of penetration though.

Woodman, Smith & Orr had good games, but everyone had their moments.

Phillips very good tonight.

The Murray/Heff/Lita partnership not firing on all cylinders yet - don't want to see anyone dropped, but I'd like to see Miller & Gillespie given a go.

Still very early days for a squad that's seen so many changes plus the new management.

Keep the faith & for God's sake KEEP POSITIVE.

:D:laugh::D

Archived