IGNORED

An Anxious Wringing Of Hands...

SimplyRed

Without wishing to incite any panic, and certainly not intending to undermine Brian Tinnion's tenure as our new manager, I do feel that he needs to look seriously at his team selection and tactics.

I didn't attend the Barnsley game tonight and only had the radio and the comments here with which to judge tonight's performance, but it is obvious that it was similar to Saturday's.

I wasn't impressed with Torquay at the weekend and am of the opinion that they are definite relegation candidates and will struggle - a view reinforced by the drubbing they received in their own backyard tonight by Hull.

However, I was less impressed by our team on Saturday, and again tonight. Whatever Brian's game plan is, it doesn't seem to be working and we've had 5 points stolen from us by mediocre teams that might prove costly at the end of the season.

While it's far too early to start making sweeping changes and start questioning Brian's ability to manage the team, I would expect to see one or two changes to the team and tactics for the Bournemouth game.

I hope Brian doesn't make the same mistakes that Danny made and stubbornly stick to his selections/tactics in the hope that we will eventually 'come good'.

Unless some fresh faces or revised tactics are introduced for Saturday, I fear another loss would be too much for the more fickle fans among us.

I really can't see how Brian can avoid making a couple of changes at the weekend.

:D

Archived