IGNORED

Yate Town Friendly - 2nd August

Tomo

Anyone know anything about the U23s becoming U21s this season?  At least from a PDL2 league point of view?

Apologies if covered elsewhere, I stumbled across it when I saw the fixtures were out but nothing mentioned on the official site.

if I’m right, our “U21s” start at Barnsley next week with the first home game being Hull City on the 16th.

23 minutes ago, Wilf said:

Anyone know anything about the U23s becoming U21s this season?  At least from a PDL2 league point of view?

Apologies if covered elsewhere, I stumbled across it when I saw the fixtures were out but nothing mentioned on the official site.

if I’m right, our “U21s” start at Barnsley next week with the first home game being Hull City on the 16th.

I thought that was only the "Premier League 2" Academy football, but I just read something on the Charlton Athletic website, so maybe it's wider ranging? To be honest, over the last couple of seasons most of our U23 team has been mostly under 20 with a few "guest appearances" from older players. 

Didn't Pearson say he would expect 20+ to be around the 1st team set up if they were going to make it?

10 hours ago, Wilf said:

It changed from U23's to U21's, however now you can name 5 over 21's + overage keeper rather than 3 over 23's + overage keeper before

• Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

It changed from U23's to U21's, however now you can name 5 over 21's + overage keeper rather than 3 over 23's + overage keeper before

So, basically, you can play with just 5 under 21s, rather than a minimum of 7 under 23s before.

I’m sure there is a logical explanation for this, but it is beyond me.

Joe low has been very unlucky not to have been in and around the first team in the past couple of years due to injury, as others have said he’s got all the physical attributes , good on the ball, good defensively and a great communicator. In my opinion he would’ve been ahead the likes of Ryley towler and Duncan idehen if it wasn’t for his injuries, I’m not saying that they are both bad players I’m just saying that I think Joe low’s ceiling is higher than both of theirs.

• Like 2