IGNORED

LIV Golf

TonyTonyTony

"All I've wanted to do is protect the aspirational nature of the PGA Tour," said McIlroy, 34. This company sits above everything. Anyone involved with LIV now answers to Jay. Whether you like it or not, the PIF is going to keep spending money in golf. Now the PGA Tour is going to control how that money is spent. Would you rather have one of the biggest sovereign wealth funds as a partner or an enemy? At the end of the day, money talks, and you'd rather have them as a partner."

A little naive from Rory imo. Does he really think that the PIF is going to let Monahan spend it's money freely when he's employed by them and paid by them?

Devil will be in the detail but this seems a little unrealistically utopian.

3 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Feel super sorry for Rory

5 minutes ago he was a prize plum. Which one is it?

Allegedly he was offered 250 Million to join LIV and he turned it down out of principle. How many top sportsman have ever done that? In no way an idiot. Christ

11 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

I think you're misinterpreting my point or I have not delivered it adequately.

He's been made to look silly. Not he is silly. Two vastly different points, two vastly different responsible parties to those two sentences.

Didn't think it was all that complex to be honest, Tone! 

He has not been made to look silly at all. How do you conclude that? He has been stitched up yes but his principles meant he left a quarter of a billion on the table. I cant think of anyone that would do that.

As you say its not that complex