IGNORED

Dean Holden To Blackpool?

Rich

13 minutes ago, Rich said:

Thought I'd share an experience.

While in Majorca last Monday evening I met our former manager Dean Holden and had a little chat. I have to say that he was brilliant and a very nice fella. He'd obviously been relaxing with a few but spent time to talk and pose for a photo, though my wife didn't put the flash on. He was there with a mate, his brother and father who was not present at the time.

We spoke about his time here and I thanked him for his hard work and efforts with the team. He stated that he was stitched up here, so I asked if M A was behind that, don't think he understood initially then it clicked what I'd meant by M A, oh yes, definitely came the response.

We also spoke while in the loo, as he was blocking my exit, I said this is where all the big knobs hang out which seemed to tickle him, not literally. Then one of his party (not Dean Holden) told me that he has an interview for the Blackpool job this coming Monday.

The next morning I read online that he was under consideration for this job, I thought I was going to get an exclusive and maybe have a few bob on him.

A nice story, and I am pleased you found Dean Holden as nice as he came across when he was here.

Incidentally, I don't know your wife, but I am glad she didn't flash for Dean.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

A nice story, and I am pleased you found Dean Holden as nice as he came across when he was here.

Incidentally, I don't know your wife, but I am glad she didn't flash for Dean.

He was glad as well.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Don't mind me saying but those are stupid names for your grandchildren.

Agreed but, they are easy to remember. Fortunately none of them was a girl, or your reply might have been different and inappropriate.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

The reports I saw earlier in the week suggested it was between him and Michael Duff for the Blackpool gig.

Same story I read I expect and the next morning, messing up my exclusive.

• Haha 1

Whichever way you look at the stats from DH's reign, compared to NP's reign here - DH still comes out favourably . 

Hopefully that will be different after next seasons start to unfold - but after what most people would deem to be a poor period under DH, it only been worse since then. 

I've lot of time for DH & feel he was thrown under the bus somewhat here. 

I hope he finds some success in whatever role he gets next. 

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Whichever way you look at the stats from DH's reign, compared to NP's reign here - DH still comes out favourably . 

Hopefully that will be different after next seasons start to unfold - but after what most people would deem to be a poor period under DH, it only been worse since then. 

I've lot of time for DH & feel he was thrown under the bus somewhat here. 

I hope he finds some success in whatever role he gets next. 

Except Dean was on a downwards slide and Pearson is on an upward curve. Think Dean will go on and be very successful in the game but right guy at the wrong time with the wrong support. Different being Nigel doesn’t need support as right guy at right time at wrong club! ?

• Like 2

Good luck to him if it happens

He was unlucky here, we suffered a crazy amount of injuries. I think it’s important to remember that when thinking back to his reign.

Sometimes wonder if that season would have gone any differently had AW not got injured, he looked like the heartbeat of the promising first 5 games at the beginning of that season.

That being said, we were a club with promotion ambitions, he didn’t get enough out of the players we were left with and it was the right thing for him to go. 

Edited by Fammyfan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Red Billy said:

Except Dean was on a downwards slide and Pearson is on an upward curve. Think Dean will go on and be very successful in the game but right guy at the wrong time with the wrong support. Different being Nigel doesn’t need support as right guy at right time at wrong club! ?

I'm not sure that NP has really hit any real "upward curve' in the 18 months that he's been in the job. 

I guess the last 5? Games of the season showed a little more promise - but there's no doubt that his record is utterly abysmal..! 

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm not sure that NP has really hit any real "upward curve' in the 18 months that he's been in the job. 

I guess the last 5? Games of the season showed a little more promise - but there's no doubt that his record is utterly abysmal..! 

All managers are judged on results but if you look past that at performances then under Dean initially we looked very good but dropped off. We had a little renaissance under Nigel that flattened out but over all since Christmas we’ve steadily improved and playing much better.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Red Billy said:

All managers are judged on results but if you look past that at performances then under Dean initially we looked very good but dropped off. We had a little renaissance under Nigel that flattened out but over all since Christmas we’ve steadily improved and playing much better.

I know it's only one game - but it's one of many imo... The Peterborough game utterly summed up our time under NP, this far. Abysmal..! 

Granted, the final Home, against a totally disinterested Hull, gave a little hope for something to build on. 

I'm hoping that our transfer business this far will prove to be shrewd & address the unforgivable lack of defensive improvement during his time here. 

Without an exceptional AW season and the impact that AS made since Christmas & his return from injury, we'd be looking at the return of Bristol derbies next season. 

I'm happy to see if he can make the required improvements to at least keep us comfortably competitive - but I think my patience will only stretch until the world Cup break, if we still can't muster back to back wins with some consistency and address our glaring lack of getting the. Ost out of what we have at our disposal. 

12 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Am I having a whoosh moment here...?

I have no idea.

My post was referring to Blackpool's new manager.

I saw that @robin for life was recommending people bet on Dean Holden getting the job, yet I had happened upon this headline earlier in the local newspaper.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/what-do-we-know-about-derby-county-assistant-liam-rosenior-the-odds-on-favourite-for-the-blackpool-job-3725787

What do we know about Derby County assistant Liam Rosenior - the odds-on favourite for the Blackpool job?

Liam Rosenior is now the odds-on favourite to become the next head coach of Blackpool.

47 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I know it's only one game - but it's one of many imo... The Peterborough game utterly summed up our time under NP, this far. Abysmal..! 

Granted, the final Home, against a totally disinterested Hull, gave a little hope for something to build on. 

I'm hoping that our transfer business this far will prove to be shrewd & address the unforgivable lack of defensive improvement during his time here. 

Without an exceptional AW season and the impact that AS made since Christmas & his return from injury, we'd be looking at the return of Bristol derbies next season. 

I'm happy to see if he can make the required improvements to at least keep us comfortably competitive - but I think my patience will only stretch until the world Cup break, if we still can't muster back to back wins with some consistency and address our glaring lack of getting the. Ost out of what we have at our disposal. 

The same Hull who went on to draw with promotion chasing Forest in their next game?

It was a good result for us but there had been a fair few signs before then things were improving.

Oh - and the old "if we didn't have our best players" thing is bizarre. You could say that about any club. Maybe their incredible impact is something to congratulate Pearson for instead of just implying he was a lucky bystander?

• Like 14

1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

The same Hull who went on to draw with promotion chasing Forest in their next game?

It was a good result for us but there had been a fair few signs before then things were improving.

Oh - and the old "if we didn't have our best players" thing is bizarre. You could say that about any club. Maybe their incredible impact is something to congratulate Pearson for instead of just implying he was a lucky bystander?

If he'd shown anything else to be encouraged by, then I'd happily credit him with other aspects. 

As we couldn't win 2 games back to back all season, and our blayent weaknesses were never addressed (hopefully early transfer business does bode well in doing this) 

I'm far more inclined to put AW & AS impact down to little more than good fortune on the part of NP, yes. 

He's been a bystander whilst we've utterly dire, without making impact to improve things, too often for my liking. 

I fully hope he makes me eat these words over the coming season. 

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

If he'd shown anything else to be encouraged by, then I'd happily credit him with other aspects. 

As we couldn't win 2 games back to back all season, and our blayent weaknesses were never addressed (hopefully early transfer business does bode well in doing this) 

I'm far more inclined to put AW & AS impact down to little more than good fortune on the part of NP, yes. 

He's been a bystander whilst we've utterly dire, without making impact to improve things, too often for my liking. 

You think the impact of Antoine & Weimann was nothing to do with Pearson

Wow

Your views still on Pearson , For somebody who was a persistent drum beater for Johnson when he was clearly going backwards and spending cash like water ...... Just Wow

Maybe have a think back to the complete car crash Pearson inherited and who played a part in it

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

16 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

So, exactly the same thing that you used to criticise people for doing under previous managers?

34 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

So, exactly the same thing that you used to criticise people for doing under previous managers?

Which of our previous managers has a record here that even comes close to being as bad as Pearson's..?

41 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

You think the impact of Antoine & Weimann was nothing to do with Pearson

Wow

Your views still on Pearson , For somebody who was a persistent drum beater for Johnson when he was clearly going backwards and spending cash like water ...... Just Wow

Maybe have a think back to the complete car crash Pearson inherited and who played a part in it

I believe that, despite the eventual times being right for change, we had far more to defend under previous managers than anything we've had thus far under Pearson. 

Yes, I think he got very lucky that a couple of players hitting some form, saved us from a woefully dire relegation. 

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

I believe that, despite the eventual times being right for change, we had far more to defend under previous managers than anything we've had thus far under Pearson. 

Yes, I think he got very lucky that a couple of players hitting some form, saved us from a woefully dire relegation. 

Yay, we now have a lucky manager….wanted one of those for donkeys years!

• Haha 2