IGNORED

SOCCER AID 2022-

E.G.Red

• Admin
12 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

53,000 Sell out this afternoon (12th June) @ London Stadium Celebrities v World XI for UNICEF.. On ITV . Two interesting managers Harry Redkapp v Arsene Wenger, and a chance to see some stars of the not too distant past Results currently stand at 5-5. One thing it won't be is a bore draw.

I'm intrigued how many other countries raise money like this for unicef 

9 hours ago, RedM said:

The last one I went to was at old Trafford. I must admit I only went mainly as it was a ground I hadn't been to, and I would guess many were the same.

It was a Sunday night and traffic was a nightmare afterwards with many of the buses cancelled or only running a Sunday service. Even the locals said it was worse than usual, the bus company seemingly weren't aware of this match. I bet the majority of kids didnt go into school the next day! No ubers to be had either, I ended up walking 4 miles back to my hotel. And to top it off it poured with rain, thunder and lightening all through.

.......but other than that it was a good night!!!!

?

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Super said:

Much more enjoyable than last nights game.

I really enjoyed it, every year it seems to get more like a football match than a celeb fest. If you were able to, I am sure every one of us would love the opportunity to play alongside and against some of the great names of football, some of them look like they really belong out there.

David James made an amazing save from Usain Bolt (there's a sentence you never thought you would write} but he had no chance with the penalty. The lad from USA Noah Beck scored it and looked like he could have been one of the ex pro's, I think they said he had played for or had trials with Real Salt Lake?

Good fun and a good amount of money raised.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, richwwtk said:

If there was a way of finding out would love to know the split in that crowd between football fans and the type that think OK magazine is a valuable source of news 

Whilst the OK readers may well have been in the stadium, I suspect the TV audience would have mainly been football fans. Yes the football is not perfect but there is still the odd great pass or tackle from the ex professional or a surprise from a celebrity. It also raised £15m for charity.

• Like 1