IGNORED

Stefan Bajic - Signing confirmed

Finley_Smith10

8 minutes ago, Taz said:

Are we still waiting on permits/visa for final clearance on this? Hasn't been named at all in either game so assume he's still not able to play? Does that mean he can't train also?

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 minute ago, DaveF said:

Hes injured.

You could both be right. ?

Re WP, Zian Flemming, Millwall’s new signing is still waiting for his paperwork to come through, so couldn’t play yesterday.

• Like 1

After Ligue 1 with Saint-Étienne, his training club, and Ligue 2 with Pau for a four-month trial from February to May, Stefan Bajic had a decisive choice to make for his future. The young goalkeeper (20 years old) opted at the beginning of July for an adventure at Bristol. He signed for the next three seasons. After an English lesson on Wednesday, the U-21 international explained to us the reasons that pushed him to cross the Channel to play in the Championship.

"Why did you choose Bristol?
I was coming off a successful gamble at Pau. Bristol came to us with information. It all clicked when I visited their facilities. I was impressed, I spoke with the members of the staff (coach, assistant, goalkeeper trainer, physical trainer). I liked their ambitious speech and I felt that it was the best place to continue to progress.

Before this visit, how did you feel about this English interest?
I was a bit like any Frenchman when it comes to the Championship: I didn't know much about it. This Championship has nothing to do with Ligue 2, there is a very good level. I was able to see that by watching my team's friendlies. I've had the chance to play in L1 and L2: I see the level between the five best in L2 and the second part of the table in L1. It's really an intermediate league.

"I was also in contact with Valenciennes. I hesitated for a long time because it was a very interesting project to confirm in L2.

Did you have other possible destinations before making this choice?
I was also in contact with Valenciennes. I hesitated for a long time because it was a very interesting project to confirm in L2 after four months in Pau. Going to England is a risk but I chose Bristol because I thought that it was there that I would make the most progress in the long term. I am convinced that they will help me to reach new heights.

As a goalkeeper who thinks a lot about the evolution of the position, how can the Bristol club help you?
Before I went there, I analysed the Championship matches. It's a very physical championship. The goalkeeper is much less protected there than in France. In the air, I'll have to be twice as good. There is also the management of my area. A goalkeeper must not only be good on the line. I have to be higher up in my position, manage the depth which is one of my strong points. My footwork too. In England, it is very developed. The blocks are higher.

Is there a certain amount of risk involved when you join the 17th (out of 24) in the Championship?
There is always some risk in a new project. If I had signed at VA, there would have been another element of risk. For me, there is no good or bad project. There is one and it's me through what I do that makes it good or bad.

How is your adaptation going so far?
I am recovering from a wrist operation. In February, I injured myself. I was in pain but I didn't know I had a scaphoid fracture. It was only at the end of the season that I had an X-ray and it was detected. The club doesn't want to take any risks and it takes a few more weeks to recover. I'm also working on the side: the footwork, I'm doing lower body strength training."

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I don't think it was known what sort of injury it was (or maybe it was, I can be a bit aloof). But from the man himself, should be a couple more weeks while he's recovering from surgery.

• Thanks 1

• Admin
24 minutes ago, RobinTuga said:

I don't think it was known what sort of injury it was (or maybe it was, I can be a bit aloof). But from the man himself, should be a couple more weeks while he's recovering from surgery.

It was known that he had a wrist injury and had surgery 

• Like 1

Certainly creates a bit of a dilemma, we can loan Max out but then wouldn’t be able to recall until January & that would mean once this lad was fit, he’d be back up to Bentley without us really ever seeing him play.

Ironically not so much an issue if Bentley got injured after Max was loaned out, because we would then be allowed to make an emergency loan but Wiles-Richards would start the season on the bench as it stands if we do let Max go.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Stefan-bajic-ancien-de-saint-etienne-c-est-a-bristol-que-je-vais-le-plus-progresser/1343541

Interview with Stefan.

If you have an iPad / iPhone, there is an auto translate button “aA”.

No need old boy, je parle parfaitement bien le français. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Very interesting & as you say, gives a greater explanation as to what Cisse actually does.

Someone told me he is spending more time “office based” and if that is adding “pro knowledge” into the recruitment department that is good news imho.  He has definitely been active in forging links with French Ligue 1 clubs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Someone told me he is spending more time “office based” and if that is adding “pro knowledge” into the recruitment department that is good news imho.  He has definitely been active in forging links with French Ligue 1 clubs.

It is noticeable that he rarely appears in the training pitch videos so this makes a great deal of sense.

As well as being multi lingual he has played in France & Portugal, so will know plenty of people involved in their domestic football.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Hopefully he’s looking for a new version of himself!!! What a find that would be right now! ?