IGNORED

Appleton appointed at Blackpool

Steve Watts

Nicole or Natalie?

In all seriousness, this is an appointment (as were the Holden links) which would alarm me as a Blackpool fan. Critchley leaving for Villa looked odd, and the names gone for since are out of the “we don’t have a pot to piss in” category. I realise everyone’s budget is tight, but indications are that this is very much a belt tightening appointment, and someone whose star is on the wane.

I reckon Critchley left as he knew there were no funds for strengthening, even on frees, and most managers have run a mile. Expect them to be nearer the foot of the table next season.

• Flames 1

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I agree….we tar him with Ashton in many respects.

His reputation was tarnished as he jumped ship a little too brutally at the beginning of his career. His ambition o’oer leaped itself and he came a cropper. 
He appears to have matured in this respect and I believe he did a decent job at Lincoln and Oxford ( without checking on the internet !) whilst trying to rebuild his notoriety. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

His reputation was tarnished as he jumped ship a little too brutally at the beginning of his career. His ambition o’oer leaped itself and he came a cropper. 
He appears to have matured in this respect and I believe he did a decent job at Lincoln and Oxford ( without checking on the internet !) whilst trying to rebuild his notoriety. 

Yep, agree.