IGNORED

Message For Tinman

Riaz

back to 442! you can always change it the game, if circumstances requires it too. And just because 442 was'nt very attacking under Danny Wilson last season, dosen't mean you cant make it attacking. Actually the season before last was a very attacking/entertaining 442 team!

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

I wouldn't really blame it on 4-3-3 because we're not really playing 4-3-3! I'd blame it on the fact that we have Murray on the right flank and nobody on the left flank....that's the major problem....another problem is that the three midfielders are all over the place rather than playing zonal like this - 'left-centre-right Tinnion-Doherty-Orr left-centre-right'

3-5-2 with Bell and Murray wing-backs would be almost guaranteed to work(as it has done in the past),and a zonal three-man midfield as I mentioned above,3-5-2 would give us desperately-needed balance....

Or 4-4-2 with Anyinsah or Goodfellow on the left-wing,if target-man Miller was up front then Anyinsah or Goodfellow could have some freedom to fill the hole at times....Murray on the right-wing,Orr and Doherty in midfield....

I would go with 4-4-2 the way I mentioned above personally but each to their own....

I know what you mean by 'not playing 4-3-3', but surely the current formation (whatever it is) is too complicated or maybe not very balanced? I think we should start with 442 or 352 and change during the game. We got the players who can adjust to playing in more the one postion.....

Guest DrFaustus
I thought we mite starting getting a few gasheads come on here - a point at home to bury - BIG RESULT!

We were robbed!

No-one at Rovers thinks we're better than you lot (yet). We're having fun. Easy really as Bucksred will tell you :D

On the official site, Tinnion is quoted as saying that he doesn't mind what system they play at Bournemouth, as long as City win. Doesn't sound like he's got much of a strategic outlook as the team prepares. Shades of "I don't know what to do next?" (Ward just before he went)

On the official site, Tinnion is quoted as saying that he doesn't mind what system they play at Bournemouth, as long as City win. Doesn't sound like he's got much of a strategic outlook as the team prepares. Shades of "I don't know what to do next?" (Ward just before he went)

I heard the same quote on Radio Bristol, and the same thought crossed my mind

I don't care what formation we play either as long as we win....too much is said about formations,it's only a bunch of numbers....what really matters is how the players perform on the pitch....the only reason I've been moaning about us is because there is nobody on the left flank and I don't really understand why....so I'm not moaning about 4-3-3 at all because it's actually my personaly favourite formation....I'm just wondering why there is nobody on the left flank (and why the three midfielders haven't been playing more zonally such as left-centre-right)....

I don't care what formation we play either as long as we win....too much is said about formations,it's only a bunch of numbers....what really matters is how the players perform on the pitch....the only reason I've been moaning about us is because there is nobody on the left flank and I don't really understand why....so I'm not moaning about 4-3-3 at all because it's actually my personaly favourite formation....I'm just wondering why there is nobody on the left flank (and why the three midfielders haven't been playing more zonally such as left-centre-right)....

no one on the left flank means then team is unbalanced..........

So, surely a simple formation like 442, would give us the balanced needed.......

So would 4-3-3....but the things is we're not playing 4-3-3....it's abit of a mess....

Guest yajrellim

i'm sure tinnion is wise anough to see that the 4-3-3 hasn't really worked.

but give the guy a break. he has attempted to try somthing a bit different.

even though my bro has been on the bench because of the 4-3-3 i hope now he did quite well last night that he will be given the chance to start on sat.

he may not be the biggest in terms of phisical bulk but take it from me he is a strong lad, and will win headers all day and provide a threat that i think the team has lacked.

both hefernan and lita would both profit from playing alongside lee. as would any the strickers.

i personally would go 4-4-2 with two wingers to provide crosses. lita along side lee as he is in good form and scoring goals.

......miller......lita......

joe....doc....orr....murray

woody...hill...coles...smith

...........steve............

i'm sure tinnion is wise anough to see that the 4-3-3 hasn't really worked.

but give the guy a break. he has attempted to try somthing a bit different.

even though my bro has been on the bench because of the 4-3-3 i hope now he did quite well last night that he will be given the chance to start on sat.

he may not be the biggest in terms of phisical bulk but take it from me he is a strong lad, and will win headers all day and provide a threat that i think the team has lacked.

both hefernan and lita would both profit from playing alongside lee. as would any the strickers.

i personally would go 4-4-2 with two wingers to provide crosses. lita along side lee as he is in good form and scoring goals.

......miller......lita......

joe....doc....orr....murray

woody...hill...coles...smith

...........steve............

YES YES YES YES!!! FINALLY.............

Guest southwestgooner
Arsenal play 4-4-2 and play exciting football, same said for Real Madrid,AC Milan,Man U,Chelsea the list goes on. That kinda prooves you can play 4-4-2 and play exciting football

How can you compare Bristol City with Arsenal, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Man U, Chelsea?

They are from different planets when it comes to playing the game we all love.

We were robbed!

No-one at Rovers thinks we're better than you lot (yet). We're having fun. Easy really as Bucksred will tell you :D

Dr F, DO stop taking the p *1 *s *s!!!! out of the easy to wind up!!!!! :D:laugh: its giving me hours of fun the bites!!

and I know you lot have the same...##** me its early doors and it aint time ta panic yet!!!

How can you compare Bristol City with Arsenal, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Man U, Chelsea?

They are from different planets when it comes to playing the game we all love.

I wasnt comparing Bristol City to those teams I was just saying its possible to play 4-4-2 and play exciting football

Archived