IGNORED

Sons of former City players

41 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I think Clive Allen's last game for a professional club was for us in a pre-season friendly. 

His son played to the sags but I never knew Clive played for us didn’t Paul Allen?

Edited by alexukhc

10 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

His son played to the sags but I never knew Clive played for us didn’t Paul Allen?

Paul Allen played for us. Clive Allen had part of a pre-season with us and played in an away friendly game I am sure it was against a league club. I think he might even have scored, but he decided to quit the game as he was no longer fit enough.

A few years later I think he was on Sky Sports when Bristol City were mentioned and Clive Allen chipped in by saying that he played his last game for Bristol City (albeit that it was a pre-season friendly).

Coincidentally, Clive Allen made his first league appearance as a sub against Bristol City at Ashton Gate where he was marked by Norman Hunter 

Edited by handsofclay

27 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Coincidentally, Clive Allen made his first league appearance as a sub against Bristol City at Ashton Gate where he was marked by Norman Hunter 

And he wasn’t so scared that he decided to give up his professional football career?

Fair play to the young man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, handsofclay said:

Paul Allen played for us. Clive Allen had part of a pre-season with us and played in an away friendly game I am sure it was against a league club. I think he might even have scored, but he decided to quit the game as he was no longer fit enough.

A few years later I think he was on Sky Sports when Bristol City were mentioned and Clive Allen chipped in by saying that he played his last game for Bristol City (albeit that it was a pre-season friendly).

I went. It was either Cheltenham Town or Gloucester City. My memory is pretty shoddy.

I had a schoolboy trial for City on the same day as Charles and Diana’s wedding at West Town Lane. They narrowed down a decision on taking on one more kid out of two of us. One was me, the other was a lad called Wayne (I think) Tainton. Turned out he was Trevor’s son. He got in and I missed out. 

Edited by Orbital
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, handsofclay said:

….and amongst the many London teams he played for, one of them was London Monarchs…he was the goal kicker for them!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Orbital said:

I went. It was either Cheltenham Town or Gloucester City. My memory is pretty shoddy.

I had a schoolboy trial for City on the same day as Charles and Diana’s wedding at West Town Lane. 

I thought it was at St. Paul's Cathedral?

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes,I was trying to think of who would have held the record transfer at the time...as you say, quite a high % for a bloke who never played for them .

Chris Garland to Chelsea for £100k?