IGNORED

Starting 11 vs Hull?

CyderHead92

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

James and Williams were v.good today.  When both are fit, they are a v.good pairing.  Results when the two play together in CM are pretty good.

There are probably 9 nailed on starters, a couple of places up for grabs, then the bench.

If you watch the latest Robins Uncut there is a point at which Curtis talks about what the two 6s (James and Williams in other words) need to do.

So I can see us playing two 6s and two 8s (Weimann and Sykes probably) with Martin ahead of them.

This makes us more solid defensively and well set up to counter attack with the wing backs joining in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

If you watch the latest Robins Uncut there is a point at which Curtis talks about what the two 6s (James and Williams in other words) need to do.

So I can see us playing two 6s and two 8s (Weimann and Sykes probably) with Martin ahead of them.

This makes us more solid defensively and well set up to counter attack with the wing backs joining in.

Yesterday Weimann played more alongside Martin with Sykes in the “Weimann role”, but it’s very flexible.  Andi can be a bit too attacking, so Sykes in there probably gives us a bit more cover.  As it stands, barring injury, I think the front 5 yesterday start v Hull.  I wonder whether Nige will go with his Hull XI v Bournemouth or want to keep it up his sleeve?  We were bloody good v FGR imho.

• Like 3

At this time I would go with, as a few people have said...

Bentley

Klose       Naismith       Atkinson

Kane                                                          DaSilva

James           Williams

Weimann         Scott

Martin. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, M.D said:

At this time I would go with, as a few people have said...

Bentley

Klose       Naismith       Atkinson

Kane                                                          DaSilva

James           Williams

Weimann         Scott

Martin. 

Only places up for grabs is RWB and either Scott or Sykes.

I don't mind if Tanner is RWB or Sykes instead of Scott (as I think it will be).

43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s pretty unlikely Alex Scott will be fit to start v Hull having only had 45 mins so far and being behind the rest.

But stranger things have happened. 

I think he'll start. But can see the reasoning for him not to. Think his minutes against Bournemouth will be a sign. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It’s pretty unlikely Alex Scott will be fit to start v Hull having only had 45 mins so far and being behind the rest.

But stranger things have happened. 

He was a week or two later than the rest, then given 10 days off. Even allowing for him playing competitive games, they will have given him a Pre season. I think you're right, Hull will be too early. 45 mins Vs Bournemouth and he may be close, but they won't take any chances.

3 hours ago, Henry said:

If you’ve got to be gutted if you’re Wells and don’t start the first game. Fair play to Sykes thought, came with less fanfare but looks likely to start first game.

Absolutely, I'd have him starting. 
He's looked keen and sharp , and I think there could be a good link up with Weimann.

3 hours ago, mozo said:

Pring not in contention for LWB? How injured is he?

I asked Gregor again the other day, all he said was a bit of stiffness. As I said , they are taking no chances with injuries etc. 
With the cover we have we have room to be better safe than sorry.

• Thanks 1