IGNORED

Barca…

• Admin
10 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but were they not on the brink of financial ruin? Yet somehow are managing to signing everyone they want?

Bayern manager has mentioned this also. How is this possible???

HOW BARCELONA PLAN TO REGISTER THEIR NEW SIGNINGS

By Josh Barker Published: July 16, 2022 10:44 pm

An insight into how Barcelona have managed to afford their summer spending spree has been provided.

La Blaugrana have been in financial peril for some time, meaning they could not renew Lionel Messi’s contract last year.

However, this has not stopped them splashing the cash so far this summer.

Barcelona have signed both Andreas Christensen and Franck Kessie to big contracts. Such moves were followed by the club agreeing a transfer fee of up to €67m with Leeds United for Raphinha, and then signing Ousmane Dembele, whose previous deal ran out in June, to a fresh contract until 2024.

Barcelona are seemingly not stopping there, though. News emerged on Friday that the Catalans are advancing towards an agreement with Bayern Munich for Robert Lewandowski, with a transfer fee of between €40-50m being touted on top of some likely hefty wages.

But how can Barcelona afford to sign all of these big-name players?

Well, as per Barca Universal, the activation of the first economic lever following the sale of 10% of the club’s TV rights eased some burden for Barcelona.

In addition, the club are in negotiations to activate the second lever by selling the remaining 15% of TV rights to Sixth Street. Such a move could hand the Blaugrana a financial boost worth around €330m.

However, Toni Juanmarti reports that triggering the second economic lever will likely not allow Barca to register all of their new players without an element of risk.

In turn, it is expected that player sales will be key for everything to go smoothly.

Among the names on the proverbial chopping block are Frenkie de Jong, Samuel Umtiti, Riqui Puig, Martin Braithwaite and Oscar Mingueza

TAKEN FROM https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/transfers/revealed-how-barcelona-plan-to-register-their-new-signings/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's similar to what Leeds did at the turn of the century. There they borrowed against future gate receipts, in particular those anticipated from Champions League games. We know how well that went for Leeds.

Now, it is similar, but it isn't exactly the same. I'm not predicting a 20 year decline, insolvency, and relegation to the Segunda for Barca. However, they might be wise to heed the warning if history. They won't, they'll say they're different, mes que un club and all that. That will likely prove stupid.

But hey, at least their fans get to see Lewandowski's senile years.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 3

As the article says they can sign all the players they want but at the moment can't register them to play. I think I heard somewhere that they have to raise 3 million for every million they are permitted to spend. Really hope De Jong deal falls through as that would truly mess with their plans.

52 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

As the article says they can sign all the players they want but at the moment can't register them to play. I think I heard somewhere that they have to raise 3 million for every million they are permitted to spend. Really hope De Jong deal falls through as that would truly mess with their plans.

Barca is my second team so i try to keep updated on what’s happening there. That 3/1 rules appears to have ended once the tv and merch deals were confirmed, so thats not a concern anymore. 

what is a concern is that as soon as the debt position is eased they are going out and signing a albeit great 33 year old striker for 50 million or so, and raphinna from leeds for around 60 with kounde from seville still to come in. Wages are starting to come down, dembele was renewed for significantly less than he was on,  but this all seems like spending the neymar money all over again and thats what ruined them last time… and they still want to take out another billion to upgrade the noucamp, which despite it being iconic is really starting to look grotty!!! The museum and visitors facilities are great but the toilets for ordinary fans havent been touched in 40 years!

4 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Barca is my second team so i try to keep updated on what’s happening there. That 3/1 rules appears to have ended once the tv and merch deals were confirmed, so thats not a concern anymore. 

what is a concern is that as soon as the debt position is eased they are going out and signing a albeit great 33 year old striker for 50 million or so, and raphinna from leeds for around 60 with kounde from seville still to come in. Wages are starting to come down, dembele was renewed for significantly less than he was on,  but this all seems like spending the neymar money all over again and thats what ruined them last time… and they still want to take out another billion to upgrade the noucamp, which despite it being iconic is really starting to look grotty!!! The museum and visitors facilities are great but the toilets for ordinary fans havent been touched in 40 years!

Not to mention the deferred wages owed to De Jong and I assume other players too. Personally don't understand what the attraction was for Lewondoski in signing for Barca.

20 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

I assume La Liga have remained silent as they only comment on other countries clubs spending money they shouldn’t 

FFP is not concerned with cumulative debt. LA Liga is actually much tougher on how much a club can spend in a season than the Premier League though.

Before a new season begins, each club in La Liga submits financial data on its estimated revenue and spending that is then analysed by a team of financial experts before setting a club’s maximum allowed spend for the season. So the controls are in advance not retrospective as they are in England. Can you imagine the Premier League telling Man City in advance that there is a limit on how much they can spend?

Which is why Barca need to get players out to reduce their wage bill before they can register new players. The criticism they deserve in this context is particularly that they are trying to force de Jong out without paying him the £17m they allegedly owe him.

The Premier League's attitude meanwhile is basically "yeah, whatever". For instance assuming they haven't dropped it without telling anyone their "investigation" into Man City has been going on for over 3 years.

So La Liga is far from perfect but the PL still lags behind on controlling spending.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 mins long but got a slightly better understanding. 

Re lewandowski, All well and good signing on £400k a week for 4 years but if they go under in 2, he and the rest of the players are just awaiting cents on the euro. Course they'll be snapped up again by other clubs so he's not missing out really. 

16 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but were they not on the brink of financial ruin? Yet somehow are managing to signing everyone they want?

Bayern manager has mentioned this also. How is this possible???

Never would usually want to see a football club go to the wall but I genuinely hope it happens to Barcelona - i absolutely despise both them and Real.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

A 4 year deal at his age certainly would have been attractive to him. 

Not if he can't play. Also Barca are a spent force. I'm sure he could have done just as well for himself (financially) at another top club

5 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Not if he can't play. Also Barca are a spent force. I'm sure he could have done just as well for himself (financially) at another top club

Barca arent a spent force, once messi iniesta and xavi left with busquets and pique also winding down it was always an impossible job to replace them. But pedri ansu and gavi are the next generation, and will only get better and there are others too. They will be in the top 3 in la liga and in the champions league again. They have made some decent signings this summer but still have a lot of poor players on big salaries still on the books, kinda like us!

personal feelings aside re lewandowski, there are a handful of the really top clubs in the world. By any standards barcelona is one of them, lewandowski wanting to give that a try before he retires is reasonable, the same if it was real madrid, juventus, man u or liverpool.

1 hour ago, Simon bristol said:

Barca arent a spent force, once messi iniesta and xavi left with busquets and pique also winding down it was always an impossible job to replace them. But pedri ansu and gavi are the next generation, and will only get better and there are others too. They will be in the top 3 in la liga and in the champions league again. They have made some decent signings this summer but still have a lot of poor players on big salaries still on the books, kinda like us!

personal feelings aside re lewandowski, there are a handful of the really top clubs in the world. By any standards barcelona is one of them, lewandowski wanting to give that a try before he retires is reasonable, the same if it was real madrid, juventus, man u or liverpool.

Top 3 in La Liga, Wow. Champions League, yes but I would be surprised if they get past the first knock out stage, unless they get a nice draw. Barcelona is one of the top 5 clubs in the world, really. Do you mean size or current playing ability ? You've only put them as potentially the 3rd best team in Spain but also say they are in the top 5 in the world. They have too many average players and not enough money to replace them with quality (Lewandowski aside). Have they made decent signings this summer ? I can't see Man City, Liverpool, Bayern being too worried by Raphina.

All about opinions , I know, nothing personal just can't see Barca as anything other than the next Man U of Europe.

3 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Top 3 in La Liga, Wow. Champions League, yes but I would be surprised if they get past the first knock out stage, unless they get a nice draw. Barcelona is one of the top 5 clubs in the world, really. Do you mean size or current playing ability ? You've only put them as potentially the 3rd best team in Spain but also say they are in the top 5 in the world. They have too many average players and not enough money to replace them with quality (Lewandowski aside). Have they made decent signings this summer ? I can't see Man City, Liverpool, Bayern being too worried by Raphina.

All about opinions , I know, nothing personal just can't see Barca as anything other than the next Man U of Europe.

All about opinions, but with real and athletico in spain its always hard to predict where they will finish. 
i stand by my comments that there are a hierarchy of the great clubs in the world, and barca is one of them. 

I must admit, I've not kept a close eye on this as I don't really follow European football. I did however notice some interesting signings apparently coming in.
Moves for Robert Lewandowski, Raphinha, and Jules Koundé plus Franck Kessié and Andreas Christensen on free transfers. Apparently somewhere in the region of £130m net loss so far. They also offered new deals to Dembélé and Sergi Roberto . 

It seems they have been refused permission to register 5 players. 
As I said, I don't follow too closely, but then something popped up on Twitter and added some insight and detail. Not sure I follow everything, but it seems to make Derby seem whiter than white.

916738605_Screenshot2022-08-08at11_34_43.png.ca8b9bb605aa82f92d7f9e2c6743312d.png

236823354_Screenshot2022-08-08at11_35_00.png.f6f1fdbc3f00bfe1b07967c4135e6331.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

They have had the most embarrassing catastrophe of a summer I can recall from any club. The level of short-term-ism is daft beyond belief. I hope they don't manage to worm their way out of it and are unable to register these players, the fallout would be hilarious but more importantly - deserved.

Plus their fans online are insufferable. The club could release footage of the players clubbing seals and their fans would talk about how it's a masterstroke in team building. 

• Like 4

Absolute wanchor club, spent money they don’t have for years & seem to think the rules don’t ever apply to them.

Real Madrid are exactly the same.

In contrast Athletic Bilbao haven’t signed a new player in 5 seasons, always pay their way, produce incredible numbers of players through their youth system & are usually top half.

Everyone who plays for them has to either be born in or grown up in the Basque Country.

No comparison at all, so don’t give me all that “mas que un club” horseshit.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Absolute wanchor club, spent money they don’t have for years & seem to think the rules don’t ever apply to them.

Real Madrid are exactly the same.

In contrast Athletic Bilbao haven’t signed a new player in 5 seasons, always pay their way, produce incredible numbers of players through their youth system & are usually top half.

Everyone who plays for them has to either be born in or grown up in the Basque Country.

No comparison at all, so don’t give me all that “mas que un club” horseshit.

I love that Bilbao approach, I’d love City to do similar, I know it might mean less success (not that we have much anyway!) but it would really bring the whole club together, players and fans, all from Bristol area, all in it together, instead of the feeling that most players are just there as a job, not because they have any affection for the club.  It would give us such a strong identify.  It won’t happen obvs but would be nice 

• Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

10 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I love that Bilbao approach, I’d love City to do similar, I know it might mean less success (not that we have much anyway!) but it would really bring the whole club together, players and fans, all from Bristol area, all in it together, instead of the feeling that most players are just there as a job, not because they have any affection for the club.  It would give us such a strong identify.  It won’t happen obvs but would be nice 

100%.

€1.2bn in debt.

Marca reporting today the TV deal with Sixth Street was 'over-reported' by Barca to the tune of €150m.

That deal is for 25 years  (for every € they've taken upfront they've given €3 away in future revenue.)

They've also given away a sizeable share in their own content provider.

6 of their 8 highest earners aren't yet registered to play this season. 

Madness.