IGNORED

Live music in Fanzone

On 24/07/2022 at 07:12, Port Said Red said:

I have always liked the idea of the bands because it has the potential to showcase local talent, but like a lot of things you feel more could be done, like a little more information about the bands that play. That could be down to the bands themselves though, a bit of self publicity (flyers or information board by the stage).

I understand what some are saying about the quality, but presumably we will always have bands that are at different stages of their careers so it will always vary.

Regarding the quality, as I'm passing the stage there is occasionally something that makes me stop to listen. It's s rarely about the obvious, singers or lead guitar, but the drummer. If the drummer is reasonably competent, it brings the quality of the whole sound up a notch in my opinion.

Yeah  I bought a CD from one of the bands that performed in the fanzone once. Struggling to recall their name, but they had a 1950s aesthetic, female lead singer. They were very good, CD stayed in my car for a good few weeks after.

2 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

Yeah  I bought a CD from one of the bands that performed in the fanzone once. Struggling to recall their name, but they had a 1950s aesthetic, female lead singer. They were very good, CD stayed in my car for a good few weeks after.

So, you have a CD player in the car, or you never actually played the CD? ?.

I did a thread the other day about last Saturday as a general day out, I forgot to mention that the band were very good at what they did. 

Covers band, picking some good "rabble rousing" tunes including the ubiquitous "Sweet Caroline" but they did it really well and generated plenty of response from the crowd. Good musicians with a charismatic lead singer and guitarist. 

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1